Awesome free firewood craigslist ad!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is the original ad:

FREE FIREWOOD (WEST SIDE OF CLEVELAND)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-18, 10:06AM EDT

I CUT DOWN 3 SMALL TREES AND WANT TO GET RIDE OF THE WOOD..FREE U JUST PICK IT UP AND HAUL IT AWAY!!

Here is the follow-up ad:

I CUT DOWN 3 SMALL TREES AND WANT TO GET RIDE OF THE WOOD..FREE U JUST PICK IT UP AND HAUL IT AWAY!! PLEASE UNDERSTAND, IT IS LIKE BRANCHES AND ALL. ITS NOT CHOPPED UP. U MIGHT WANT TO BRING YOUR CHAIN SAW WITH U! DO NOT KNOW WHAT KINDA WOOD IT IS BUT U SEE THE PICS. ******* ITS FREE PEOPLE***** ITS NOT CHERRY OR OAK OR ANYTHING U ARE GOING TO BUILD SOMETHING OUT OF!

Catch you guys later I can't let this one get away!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: !!

If I read it right

it post.

I have 3 trees that were destroying my roof and killing my paint so I cut them down,
now I have a mess of useless wood and if you clean it up you can have my useless mess for FREE :confused:

Thats right FOR FREE :buttkick:

Last edited:
You never know, maybe the wood gets bigger in diameter as it gets higher?
NOT!
I think I would pass on this one, although I have been getting some good wood off of craigslist recently.
Keep looking, something will come along.

The people who post those ads and probably stupid in more ways than we could imagine....or.....maybe they are geniuses. I don't know but it is amazing what people try to pull over on other people.

The people who post those ads and probably stupid in more ways than we could imagine....or.....maybe they are geniuses. I don't know but it is amazing what people try to pull over on other people.

maybe they figure there's got to be some one out there dumber than they are.....

Here's a really good one

Firewood and Firewood Storage Shed (La Vista, NE)
Date: 2008-09-17, 7:53PM CDT

Hello.

I have some Firewood inside a Firewood Storage Shed that was left in the backyard of our home when we bought it. The Storage Shed looks to be homemade and is about 2 feet deep by 8 feet tall...approximately. It supposedly had termites in it, but it has since been treated. We are just trying to get rid of it. If you want it, please pick it up...we would appreciate it! :)

Yeah, sure, I want termites, I'll be right there to get it!!! :buttkick:

I think this craigslist posting might have yours beat

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/zip/843151714.html

I don't know... this one is pretty close too!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/796898463.html

firewood for entire winter (Lebanon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-08-14, 4:45PM EDT

you cut down my tree and you keep the wood for FREE!! just don't make a mess. first come first serve.

amazing what folks will try and pull just so that they dont have to do any workQ

Scarier yet is that the people may not be devious, but actually so uninformed that they actually believe it is a great deal.
For a world that depends so much on technology and energy and industry, it amazes me how clueless people are as to what provides their lifestyle......

k

Thanks for a good laugh guys. When I opened up the pictures on the OP I literally laughed out loud.

If I was so desperate that I'd have to take the kind of garbage listed in the links here I'd quit burning wood.

Then again, if I were taking the garbage from these ads I would still have stopped burning wood.

I vote for ignorance on the part of those who posts these ads. They go on CL and see where someone else has listed free firewood and decide to get rid of there own burnable wood the same way without knowing the difference between the former and the latter.

Latest posts

Back