Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After cutting down a 35-40' tall weed tree on monday with my new MS-361, All was cut up and put away in the back by the corner of the property by the chain link fence that seperates the town property from my property.
The base of the tree was aprox 14" diameter.

The tree is on the opposite side of my backyard from his, I put all the branches and cut up logs into the back of my property across my backyard where the tree was from.

There is also a rock wall that seperates the neighbors property from mine, followed by the hedges that's mine which seperates the backyard from his.

My uncle (red shirt in the pic) who was helping with the tree cutting, sees my neighbor looking out of his kitchen door at us as we're cutting the tree down and looked like they were being nosy.

In the pictures, the neighbors backyard is in the direction of where my back faced when I took the pictures.

Last night I get home from work (2 days later), open my garage door and come out of there with a vaccum to clean my car interior.
He parks his black Acura TL, gets out and confronts me and starts telling me stuff like he saw me cutting the tree down and putting the cut up logs and branches near his property line and that he has informed the town and the building inspector.

I told him what does being near your property have anything to do with yours, it's still on my property. And if you have a problem with that, call the police.

He then says "I'm telling you as a neighbor" I said "whatever" and he walked away.

Last October, he told me where to park my pickup truck on the street!
And points out to his property line because I parked my pickup truck in his "spot" which is acutally more on my front lawn side. There is no assigined parking here, just open to all, it's a big Cul-de-sac type.
And he points out his property line divding my lawn from his...I'm like property lines does not dicate where you park.

I told my father's friend who lives down the street what he said to me, he nodded his head big time and told me the town owns between 4 and 6 feet of the front lawn from the street curb for garbage pickup and underground power lines/pipes. He told me to call him when my neighbor confronts me again...but unfortuntly he's at work at the time.

Looks like the next time he confronts me will be harassment...
It is a fact that people who work indoors,etc. and make the same or more than us tree guys are naturally jealous of us because they know we work harder :clap: and actually earn our keep! I have the same problems with a couple of folks that are originally from New York! I once had a stack of 12-14 ft red oak logs in the back yard. Mind you, i live in the county in a subdivision and have no restrictions on firewood! I decided to cut,split and stack the wood across my back prop. line. They never complained about the big heap of logs, ever! But when the day came and we worked the stuf up, and stacked it neatly, even pulled a string on it, they raised so much hell i had the zoning officer come out and inspect. He had a quick look, and said that just like myself he oughtta be able to cut a tree and use the wood to heat his home or sell the wood, and said he wasn't aware of it being illegal to do such! He then turned to them and asked why a storage bldg of there's was so close to my line(12")! He made em move it , for it was supposed to be 7ft from the line! They were dumbfounded, and i'm sure felt pretty ridiculous, at least i hope! Just ignore them, and don't stoop to there level. But when they get in your safe zone, that's trespassing, harassment,etc. I need not go further! Good luck with those losers. Keep earnin it honest man!:clap:

technically, from the centerline of the street, the town "owns" 33 feet.

that way, they have the right of way to add sidewalks, do work, sewars, etc etc.

Technically... It is just an easement, at least in our area. I own to the middle of the township road. But with the easement, they have the right to do what they need to to maintain the road.

We too have idiot neighbors... I took their FOR SALE sign down to mow my yard since the realtor put it up in the right-of-way ( another pain in the @$$ story ) which i own to the middle and they have the right to ingress and egress their property. Within 1/2 hour the State Police were at my door. They stated the neighbor wanted me arrested, he just laughed and said there wasn't anything he could do since I didn't do anything wrong or vandalize it either.

Gotta love neighbors... There's one everywhere you go!

Last edited:
I hate neighbors and people in general. Mostly I have to deal with tenants in rental houses who just don't care, and the landlord doesn't care either, they just want their rent money. I have one lady who gets on my nerves, she is a tree hugger and hates anything gas powered, and one other guy who is just complete white trash and got pissed when I stopped loaning him tools.

I've got a neighbor like that, only he has 2 HUGE labs that he lets out two or three times a day to crap all over my yard. Talking to him does no good. Even called animal control. Animal Control has been called several times by other neighbors about the dogs roaming around crapping everywhere but on his yard. They fine him $25, he pays it, and continues letting them crap everywhere. After getting fed up with the smell and having to wash crap off my lawnmower when I hit the "land mines" I decided to get tough. Yesterday I did a turd patrol and scooped up a shovel full and tossed it over the fence into his swimming pool. Haven't heard anything yet. Will keep you posted.

Exactly what I did to a neighbor in the past, and although brief, the fireworks were spectacular for moment in time... he ceased and desisted after this treatment...

Good fences make good nieghbors!! Don't let people spoil your fun.

Funny you mention irritating neighbor stuff. My neighbors dog craps on my lawn every day. I have stepped in it numerous times. I have seen the dog in the act several times.

Today I got fed up because my 2 yr old son stepped in a pile of fresh dog crap on my lawn. I cleaned his shoes up, told him it was ok, and sent him inside to Mama. Then I scooped a shovel full of dog turds up. I proceeded to walk across the street, and dump them on his front steps. I may have even mashed them into his steps by accident. Maybe he will get the hint.

I don't know if the guy was home or not, and I really don't care. I was pissed because my son was very upset about the whole thing. Next time I see him outside I'll go have a talk with him about his dog.
I got a bb gun (pistol) for keeping the neighbors cats out of my yard. He doesnt need 35 cats running around. Sure makes em jump!! lol

777ER what you need is a good old smokey wood boiler set up on his side of your property. That ll give him something to cry about. Also a little roundup, not too much, about a gallon or so does wonders on your neighbors lawn.

Oh my goodness after reading about some of your neighbors, I'd done killed sombody. To the guy (About the snow removal) I used to scrape my entire driveway and around the mailbox with my atv. One day I came home from work to see a big buck hit right at my mailbox. I went out drug the carcus off because I knew the mailman pulls off there. Thinking I'm doing a good deed. That afternoon he left me a biiiiitch letter telling me I need to clean off the debri, from the car(apparently) because it was getting in his tires. I called the postmaster and he hung up on me after about 20 seconds. Needless to say they both can kiss my azz.

Oh my goodness after reading about some of your neighbors, I'd done killed sombody. To the guy (About the snow removal) I used to scrape my entire driveway and around the mailbox with my atv. One day I came home from work to see a big buck hit right at my mailbox. I went out drug the carcus off because I knew the mailman pulls off there. Thinking I'm doing a good deed. That afternoon he left me a biiiiitch letter telling me I need to clean off the debri, from the car(apparently) because it was getting in his tires. I called the postmaster and he hung up on me after about 20 seconds. Needless to say they both can kiss my azz.

go above both their heads to the district boss... but the down side to that is good luck getting your mail ever again.

I've got a neighbor like that, only he has 2 HUGE labs that he lets out two or three times a day to crap all over my yard. Talking to him does no good. Even called animal control. Animal Control has been called several times by other neighbors about the dogs roaming around crapping everywhere but on his yard. They fine him $25, he pays it, and continues letting them crap everywhere. After getting fed up with the smell and having to wash crap off my lawnmower when I hit the "land mines" I decided to get tough. Yesterday I did a turd patrol and scooped up a shovel full and tossed it over the fence into his swimming pool. Haven't heard anything yet. Will keep you posted.
same here but it's cat crap and it gets tossed on cars, motor cycles what ever is in the way, he also let's his dog run free at night and has been fined many times but it does no good, he knows all they can do is fine him so he doesn't give a rat's butt about it.

same here but it's cat crap and it gets tossed on cars, motor cycles what ever is in the way, he also let's his dog run free at night and has been fined many times but it does no good, he knows all they can do is fine him so he doesn't give a rat's butt about it.
Some antifreeze will take care of the rampant cats and dogs!

Very,very Bad Idea To Use Antifreeze

Some antifreeze will take care of the rampant cats and dogs!
:mad: :jawdrop:

While I generally agree with everything that has been said about bad neighbors and I have a bad neighbor myself. But I used fish emulsion fertilizer full strength for fertilizer and sprayed it along property lines during their party. I was gagging myself but it worked after several times as he ignores me now.

But to suggest putting out antifreeze to deliberately poison a dog and cause lots of pain and suffering to it for lack of care by the owner is reprehensible,cruel and illegal and if you are caught you may go to jail or pay HEAVY fines also not him.:angry2: :censored:

I have seen what happens when a dog gets exposed to antifreeze and it is not a pretty sight. THey stagger about as if drunk and vomit repeatedly. They then go into a coma and die. It only takes a few sips to kill the dog or cat. It is also toxic to people and probably more toxic if your kid found the interesting green liquid that tasted sweet.
THINK ABOUT THAT AND A MURDER CHARGE.

From a DVM site:
Early symptoms are much like alcohol intoxication. Dogs and cats may vomit due to the irritating effects of ethylene glycol on the stomach. They drink and urinate excessively and may be depressed and wobbly. The increased thirst is due to stimulation of the thirst centers of the brain. Pets may seem on the road to recovery twelve hours later as the ethylene glycol is metabolized by the liver and kidneys. However, a day later in cats and two days later in dogs the patients suddenly becomes much worse. They become depressed, weak, and dehydrated. They may develop diarrhea, mouth ulcers, rapid breathing and seizures. Their kidneys are often painful and swollen.

If your neighbors are that bad throw the crap in their pool, on their door,run up their water bill somehow, collect the dog poo on your shoe and walk in their house and say oops after rubbing it on their carpets. Leave bombs in strategic places.

Harmless pranks are fine and do work but suggesting death to the innocent party and a criminal act is STUPID.

Please do not take it out on the dog and cause it pain and unbelievable suffering. Would you like to see your pet or kid have that trauma?

If someone were to ever deliberately harm one our dogs they may get the same result or worse if possible, that is how strong how feel about our dogs and so do many other dog owners.

Evening true story

Good post ^^^^ above^^^
People who don't clean up their own messes, dog or not, and expect others to do so can kiss my azz.
Years ago in another life, I had a neighbour with a small yappy POS dog (some sort of blond terrier I think) that they'd let out at night to crap in my front yard (did not have a back one). It was everywhere :( No matter how politely I mentioned this they always denied it was their dog doing this.
Long story short, I came home one afternoon and the lady I was with said 'Hey guess what?' and she had the little craphound trapped. I am not a mean person so didn't want to stomp the little bastard, but at the time we were doing some trim in dark blue Varathane (sp), so in a fit of, of, of, dunno, poo-rage, I took a brush and painted his nuts, gave him a doggy treat and sent him home. The next morning as I was going to work I was met at the door by a very excited and distressed woman who wondered if anyone around was using blue paint, we vehemently denied any knowledge, (and she never even mentioned the dog). Never saw it again for over two years. The funny thing was (at least to me) when I was driving to work that day I noticed blue paint all over my own hands :D DOH! It was mean I suppose, but very satisfying at the time and I near pizzed myself laughing (yes, I was a ####head att).
Moral> clean up after yer dang pets!
Story ends :p

Last edited:
It is a fact that people who work indoors,etc. and make the same or more than us tree guys are naturally jealous of us because they know we work harder :clap: and actually earn our keep! I have the same problems with a couple of folks that are originally from New York! I once had a stack of 12-14 ft red oak logs in the back yard. Mind you, i live in the county in a subdivision and have no restrictions on firewood! I decided to cut,split and stack the wood across my back prop. line. They never complained about the big heap of logs, ever! But when the day came and we worked the stuf up, and stacked it neatly, even pulled a string on it, they raised so much hell i had the zoning officer come out and inspect. He had a quick look, and said that just like myself he oughtta be able to cut a tree and use the wood to heat his home or sell the wood, and said he wasn't aware of it being illegal to do such! He then turned to them and asked why a storage bldg of there's was so close to my line(12")! He made em move it , for it was supposed to be 7ft from the line! They were dumbfounded, and i'm sure felt pretty ridiculous, at least i hope! Just ignore them, and don't stoop to there level. But when they get in your safe zone, that's trespassing, harassment,etc. I need not go further! Good luck with those losers. Keep earnin it honest man!:clap:

What I find most of the time whoever calls the police for minor stuff, also gets in trouble with other things like in your case with the neighbor getting in trouble with the storage building location.
This is why I'm not gonna bother calling them unless they start up a serious problem.

When he confronted me last time, he came up halfway of my driveway while I stood in the garage...

Just been igorning them latey...hopefully the 3rd strike and he's out won't happen soon...

777ER what you need is a good old smokey wood boiler set up on his side of your property. That ll give him something to cry about. Also a little roundup, not too much, about a gallon or so does wonders on your neighbors lawn.

I want to spilt the wood up and use it for firewood but I'm not sure they're the right type? (see attached pic of fallen tree in question)

Supersoaker and a leftover gallon of roundup in my garage.... now that's an idea :D

Bad idea on the anti-freeze, it doesn't do any good.
Hope no one tries this...

:mad: :jawdrop:

While I generally agree with everything that has been said about bad neighbors and I have a bad neighbor myself. But I used fish emulsion fertilizer full strength for fertilizer and sprayed it along property lines during their party. I was gagging myself but it worked after several times as he ignores me now.

But to suggest putting out antifreeze to deliberately poison a dog and cause lots of pain and suffering to it for lack of care by the owner is reprehensible,cruel and illegal and if you are caught you may go to jail or pay HEAVY fines also not him.:angry2: :censored:

I have seen what happens when a dog gets exposed to antifreeze and it is not a pretty sight. THey stagger about as if drunk and vomit repeatedly. They then go into a coma and die. It only takes a few sips to kill the dog or cat. It is also toxic to people and probably more toxic if your kid found the interesting green liquid that tasted sweet.
THINK ABOUT THAT AND A MURDER CHARGE.

From a DVM site:
Early symptoms are much like alcohol intoxication. Dogs and cats may vomit due to the irritating effects of ethylene glycol on the stomach. They drink and urinate excessively and may be depressed and wobbly. The increased thirst is due to stimulation of the thirst centers of the brain. Pets may seem on the road to recovery twelve hours later as the ethylene glycol is metabolized by the liver and kidneys. However, a day later in cats and two days later in dogs the patients suddenly becomes much worse. They become depressed, weak, and dehydrated. They may develop diarrhea, mouth ulcers, rapid breathing and seizures. Their kidneys are often painful and swollen.

If your neighbors are that bad throw the crap in their pool, on their door,run up their water bill somehow, collect the dog poo on your shoe and walk in their house and say oops after rubbing it on their carpets. Leave bombs in strategic places.

Harmless pranks are fine and do work but suggesting death to the innocent party and a criminal act is STUPID.

Please do not take it out on the dog and cause it pain and unbelievable suffering. Would you like to see your pet or kid have that trauma?

If someone were to ever deliberately harm one our dogs they may get the same result or worse if possible, that is how strong how feel about our dogs and so do many other dog owners.
Whoa Whoa Whoa, i didn't say that i myself have used antifreeze on rogue animals!! Sure i've heard that the stuff would kill an animal, but that's really in humane. That guy is a grown man and can make his own determination as how to best get rid of the pooping animals!

Latest posts

Back