Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, everyone...I'm pleased to announce that it's been about a week since I relocated my neighbors' dogs turds to their owners' pool. I mowed yesterday and didn't find any land mines. Maybe it worked!

Well, everyone...I'm pleased to announce that it's been about a week since I relocated my neighbors' dogs turds to their owners' pool. I mowed yesterday and didn't find any land mines. Maybe it worked!

Good for you! Hope you did not get caught. I believe if they saw you and called the police, that might be vandalism.

Green house gas consuming living fence!

I'm not really sure on what to do with them now...get rid of them and put in those plants that likes to grow around crosshatch grids and spread out like my parents have or try to rescue these trees already there?

Pile a bunch of brush on your side of the property line and plant multi-floral rose bushes on the far side. Stack the brush, branches, tops and limbs in a deliberate fashion, yet randomly and call it an organically inspired naturalist rose arbor and landscape feature.

here is a scenario that nobody thought of... what if you were running in your yard...or walking... stepped on one of these landmines...slipped and hurt yourself... who is liable?
1) its not your dog.
2) there is a history of blatant depositing of said 'landmines'

what do you think?

Update: Case dismissed.

Building inspector had a talk with the judge and determined the tree was in fact a staghorn summac and removal is permitted due to it being invasive to other trees. Said neighbor has no authority whatsover on trees in my property in according to the property survey on file with the town hall.

When I told the building inspector what the neighbor said to me when he confronted me for cutting the tree down and reporting it to the police and the town, he gave me a permit to take the rest of the trees down just for a extra layer of protection should the neighbor call the town and complain again due to "illegal" tree removal, which the town will tell him "too bad, can't do anything about it"

He recommended me to go to the police dept next door and to file a complaint on the neighbor who confronted me which he mentioned he's a been a problem latey...already did that when I left the town hall.

Just for fun, the next day was my birthday. I rented a 2008 yellow Corvette ZHZ with a black racing stripe and had fun with it for 2 days , parked it in "his" spot overnight :D

Gotta love the LS3 6.2L V8 with 436 HP it has and 0-60 felt like being shot from a aircraft carrier's catapult!

if you mean a slap in the mouth by "harassment", go for it.

amen. that's why I could never live in neighborhoods with regulations. the only thing that talks to me when I'm working in MY yard are the cows.

on a related note, my small town passed a leash law a few years ago when my dad's dog was still alive. He'd been loose for 16 years, sometimes he'd wander a few houses down and lie down in someone else's yard for a while, but never even crossed the street. One day this lady saw him and came up to me in a hissy. "I know you and your family are aware of our new leash law, what do you plan to do about your dad's dog?"

"I plan to keep feeding him when he's hungry and tell your husband to find your leash"

amen. that's why I could never live in neighborhoods with regulations. the only thing that talks to me when I'm working in MY yard are the cows.

on a related note, my small town passed a leash law a few years ago when my dad's dog was still alive. He'd been loose for 16 years, sometimes he'd wander a few houses down and lie down in someone else's yard for a while, but never even crossed the street. One day this lady saw him and came up to me in a hissy. "I know you and your family are aware of our new leash law, what do you plan to do about your dad's dog?"

"I plan to keep feeding him when he's hungry and tell your husband to find your leash"

Keep in mind - leash laws work two ways. They protect other's property from your dogs business and they protect your dog from unwanted attention that could cause harm or worse. There are a lot of crazy people out there who would think nothing of doing something to harm your pet. If you really care about your pet, keep it under your direct control.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I had to say this.

I walked with my kids(on the street) in a small ND town and had to carry a baseball bat for the dogs that would come out of their yard at us. Most were friendly, but one, in particular, was not. Leash laws help keep the pets safe, too, because if a unknown dog is coming at my kids, I won't give it the chance to hurt them. Once I see the teeth, I start yelling and swinging.
No leash law in that town. I should be able to walk the the same street that I drive on without being afraid of someone else's dog.

My dog is "fenced" in at our house with a radio collar. She can't leave the yard or she will get shocked. I trained her and she never challenges it.
Too bad the neighbors don't do that. I know our dog cannot possibly crap that much in a month!

THE sure fire way of getting rid of unwanted cats and dogs

in a previous life i was a cop in a surveillance unit and would often have to break into homes/offices to plant listening devices etc (with a warrant of course).. often the crims would keep dogs to protect their operations etc.

we had to get in, not get bit, get out without anyone knowing....

solution - a powerful water-pistol 2 3rds water and 1 3rd ammonia.. sprayed in the face of the dog. No permanent damage to the dog, but i promise you, your dog could be a t rex and it would still leave you alone forever after 1 squirt.

---------------------------------------------------------
husky 340
stihl 08s (what a thumper)
husky 390xp full chisel (OMG what a saw)

I've got a neighbor like that, only he has 2 HUGE labs that he lets out two or three times a day to crap all over my yard. Talking to him does no good. Even called animal control. Animal Control has been called several times by other neighbors about the dogs roaming around crapping everywhere but on his yard. They fine him $25, he pays it, and continues letting them crap everywhere. After getting fed up with the smell and having to wash crap off my lawnmower when I hit the "land mines" I decided to get tough. Yesterday I did a turd patrol and scooped up a shovel full and tossed it over the fence into his swimming pool. Haven't heard anything yet. Will keep you posted.

KICK A$$$$$$!!!!!!!!! :clap: :yourock: :hmm3grin2orange: :rock:

I got a bb gun (pistol) for keeping the neighbors cats out of my yard. He doesnt need 35 cats running around. Sure makes em jump!! lol

I do the same thing, except I have one of those soft air guns that holds a 35 round clip and is battery powered. Usually I can hit 'em 10-12 times before they get over my fence. Funny as h3ll to watch 'em jump when that BB hits 'em in the a$$.:laugh:

Trees finally cut down!

Yesterday I had the chance to cut the rest of the 2 trees down ;)

copy of tree permit in back pocket, my 361 with spikes, fresh 89 oct fuel w/ HP Ultra oil mixed, full tank of bar oil, chain tension checked and not too tight but can move with lil to no effort with engine off.

Strapped the tree to another tree for insurance, so it doesn't fall on the deck.

Had trouble starting it, temps are 65 deg outside.
lever was full down, pulled the cord, after the 2nd try the engine fires but doesn't turn over, just dies like it was a misfire. After pulling on the cord for like 5 or 6 times, smelled fuel. Great it's flooded...

Had uncle hold down the front handle of the saw while my foot was in the bever tail, one hand holding the throttle WOT, and other hand on the starter handle. It fired and shot out blue puff of smoke, then died 2 seconds later.
Repeat and it fired again then stayed running and had no problems with it for the rest of the day.

Did a wedge cut on the trees, then the backside cut a lil by lil and watch the tree start to fall in slow motion

After the first one fell as planned, it made a loud thump noise...gf in the house was watching a DVD movie and it made the DVD player skip :eek:

A few mins later, this old man with white hair came outside in his backyard of the neighbor's backyard (house next to complaint neighbor) and looks at me. I look at him, moved to the next tree and started cutting it :check:

At this point, he went back in the house (I'm sure to make a "complaint call")

Measured the trees, and they were 55 ft tall. 10 ft taller than I thought. The top of the tree branches hit the tempoary fence I made until the green giants grows. Lucky it missed the green giants as the Y of the top landed in between them.

Went through one tank and half with the 361.

Cut the whole stump 3" above the ground and the dawgs really helped...can you believe the stump measured 28" diameter, a staghorn summac type!
Had to do a plunge cut and cut the backside of the stump to get it off.
3 trees formed from one stump.
At the center of the stump, there's a handful of black rotton wood material like, felt like damp moss...it was starting to rot?

Job is all done, neighbor can't do anything about it now ;)

:cheers: Good show. Yeah, Sumac can get pretty big.

BTW - did you check my thread on sumac? Dried, the wood is about as hard as cherry with big wide growth rings - 3/8 - 1/2" wide. A friend gave me some he sawed up last year. Turns pretty nice. It ought to burn well.

:cheers: Good show. Yeah, Sumac can get pretty big.

BTW - did you check my thread on sumac? Dried, the wood is about as hard as cherry with big wide growth rings - 3/8 - 1/2" wide. A friend gave me some he sawed up last year. Turns pretty nice. It ought to burn well.

The one you made a cup out of?

The sumac is wet now, how long for it to dry before it can be used for burning?

When I cut the stump, wood chips was piling up to my ankles!

There must be some reason that the guy is so angry and unhappy. Probably not anything to do with you.

Just be glad you're not him!

If it were me, rather than poison his animals, crap on his lawn, spray round-up on it ( I actually had to do a consultation that was about a neighbor doing this, the lady was pretty crazy, had being in an abusive relationship, ex husband is now in prison as a result. ), I might go for an other approach.

"Say neighbor, I see that you're really upset right now, seemingly with me, but it really seems that it can't really be about me. I'm sorry you feel like I'm the bad guy, but I'm just really minding my own business. People suggested that I smoke you out with a fire, crap on or poison your lawn, poison your animals, etc. What you did made me angry, too. But those would not really be good neighborly options. We're going to have to live next to each other for the foreseeable future. We don't have to be friends, but we could at least be civil. Neither of us wants to get upset every single time we see each other. What do you say?"

My best friend when I was a kid had a dad that was at odds with the neighbor over stupid sh*t. Ended up escalating from always being pissed whenever the saw each other, to the neighbor trying to assault my friend's dad. Doesn't seem like a relaxed homelife to me.

If the guy remains aggressive, etc, continue to be happy you are not him. Don't be manipulated by the guy to be as unhappy as he is.

Latest posts

Back