Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when doing these things to turn off the lights and not answer the door when the cops pull into your drive. They will go away after walking around the house. They need a warrant to come in and that takes time.

Remember when doing these things to turn off the lights and not answer the door when the cops pull into your drive. They will go away after walking around the house. They need a warrant to come in and that takes time.

you nailed it. Just say you were sleeping if anything does happen. Their fat asses wont stand in the cold for to long.

I agree that good fences make good neighbors. I have three strands of barbed wire around my shop property. It is posted with metal signs every 100 feet. If a sign disappears I nail it back with 6" nails and hang a string of empty 45 ACP or 357 Mag cases around it. If the fence gets cut I fix it then hang a string of empties on it. It will never be touched again. It helps to do a little target practice out back on a monthly or weekly basis. I had problems but since employing these solutions I have had no vandalism or trespassing in 10 years.

Now in town where my house is I can't do all that. I did put up a nice split rail fence covered with vinyl coated chain link. These keeps the neighbors on three sides from raking their leaves into my yard. I tried polite requests for five years not to do this and they were ignored. The fence cost two grand but that was cheaper than hiring a lawyer to plea bargain a felonious assault charge down to a misdemeanor.

The meat head across the street started blowing his leaves into the street. This is a pet peeve of mine since I have five motorbikes I ride often. Wet leaves are like an icy road on a bike. I asked him nicely to refrain. He laughed at me. So that night at about 11PM after his lights went out I fired a full box of 22 shotshells out my front door into the ground. They will not penetrate a pop can beyond 10 feet but they are loud as hell in town. No more leaves in the street!

I would suggest running your saw to check it around 11PM every night until your bad neighbor becomes good. I start up my five bikes at once and rev them if a neighbor is being bad. After a couple times they mind their own business.

I have also gotten a sheriff's restraining order against trespass with one moron neighbor at our local gun club where I serve on the Board. It was easy to do.

My philosphy is to convince your crazy bad neighbor that you are more crazy, simply insane. Fear crazy people, they are unpredictable. I fear them but they fear me more. Do not get me wrong, I have a wonderful relationship with most all my neighbors at four properties. I give them firewood and they give me cookies and beer.

I will try this if I must someday-

Take a moonlight walk with strong mix Round Up in a milk, water or cider jug. When you pass the bad neighbors lawn, write F--- You in big letters on their perfect grass. A week or two later they will get the message.
try pramitol instead... the fu will stay in the lawn maybe a year or 2... or 3... unless they dig the dirt out round up it a contact killer.. pramitol is a ground killer....:chainsaw:

Would you recommend picking up the brass? :popcorn:

He's probably a control freak - hence the Korean wife. I've worked for those type people before and listened to this one guy brag about how servile his Philipino wife is. He was showing off her skills to us - get them some towels, cook some lunch etc. What a dork! His ex amercan wife was long gone banging someone else, lol.

seems like it, his wife never bothered me and they always smile at me when he's not around.

Sounds your neighbor deserves you taking the muffler off!

I was making firewood in my backyard with my 361 near the chain link fence which is the town's property (undeveloped lot) on the other side and my backyard is right up to the fence...on the 2nd day (last week), 2 police officers showed up in the backyard and asked me if I've been cutting trees down. I said 'no officer, just bucking for firewood' they told me they got a complaint and I told them this is not the first time it happeend, they asked me when the last time was (Oct) and I told them I spoke with the building inspector and was given a permit for this tree I was cut down which I am bucking now. Shook my hand and told me to continue what I was doing and to have a nice day.

While they were leaving, I looked at the neighbor's back sliding door and see them standing there on the phone, I gave them a no-no nod and blasted away cutting more firewood than planned for the day until daylight is gone :chainsaw:

Almost have a gallon thru the 361 now, it's time for the muffler mod now?

lever was full down, pulled the cord, after the 2nd try the engine fires but doesn't turn over, just dies like it was a misfire. After pulling on the cord for like 5 or 6 times, smelled fuel. Great it's flooded...

You should have put the lever at "fast idle" after that second pull - and no more than 4 pulls on choke, even if nothing happens.....

I use a revolver so I do not leave brass on the front porch.

Shotshells do not always cycle in an auto loader.

The meat head across the street started blowing his leaves into the street. This is a pet peeve of mine since I have five motorbikes I ride often. Wet leaves are like an icy road on a bike. I asked him nicely to refrain. He laughed at me. So that night at about 11PM after his lights went out I fired a full box of 22 shotshells out my front door into the ground. They will not penetrate a pop can beyond 10 feet but they are loud as hell in town. No more leaves in the street!

I would suggest running your saw to check it around 11PM every night until your bad neighbor becomes good. I start up my five bikes at once and rev them if a neighbor is being bad. After a couple times they mind their own business.
lol.gif

I have done these things since they called in for cutting my own tree in the backyard (from start of thread) since that got the ball rollin'
  • planted 9 green giants (grew a foot since planted them, total is 3-4 ft now)
  • installed a standby generator with the exhaust pointed at their side for maximum noise deflection
  • Run standby generator once a week for 10 mins on a friday night past 10pm
  • installed 1000 watts worklight on corner of house, scares deers out of my backyard into his and lights up the whole side of their house
  • direct clippings from mower to their lawn
  • disconnected longtube headers from the rest of the exhaust on my '74 Nova with 377 stroker engine and run it once a month just to hear a SBC run...now that is real loud :)

I should invite my bro over and have him bring 2 new shotguns he brought recently and use blanks in it for the fun of it :D

Gonna rent a Hertz Corvette again next year and do burnouts in front of his house....if they still have the corvette in the lineup :popcorn:

Make sure you pull baffles out of that generator for increased efficiency and operating time, ya know "just in case"...

Make sure you pull baffles out of that generator for increased efficiency and operating time, ya know "just in case"...

Already did that 2 weeks ago after breaking it in and oil/filter change ;)

It's just a empty muffler with lots of vents :clap: Pretty loud but doesn't bother me as it's behind a concrete wall to my living room.
It makes a droning noise unloaded and runs at a constant speed when there's ample load on it.

Already did that 2 weeks ago after breaking it in and oil/filter change ;)

It's just a empty muffler with lots of vents :clap: Pretty loud but doesn't bother me as it's behind a concrete wall to my living room.
It makes a droning noise unloaded and runs at a constant speed when there's ample load on it.

what you need is a generator like my old one... a 4 cyl cummins genset with the muffler almst the size of a small water heater.. it will make your ears hurt real bad. I cant imagine what it is like without...

I am thankful that I have a neighbor.... almost one mile down the road through many acres of woods. I never see them nor hear them unless one of us needs something. Then it's great to have a neighbor.

If you can get away with it the next thing you got to do is get some PET CHICKENS (for the kids science project at school of course) just 2 or 3 but at least 2 or 3 roosters in the bunch!:greenchainsaw:

Right now there's alot of maintenance/repairs/mods being done on the cars in my garage and the door stays open whenever the engine is running in order to finish programming/ops check/tuning/vent and that goes for the air tools, loud impact guns, vaccum cleaners, polishers....let's see the list:
Nova tuning for winter use
detailing the BMW
oil change and engine bay cleaning on the Camaro
more to come...

Wish I had the mustang as in the movie 'Death Race' to take care of his Acura TL for once and all :ices_rofl:

After cutting down a 35-40' tall weed tree on monday with my new MS-361, All was cut up and put away in the back by the corner of the property by the chain link fence that seperates the town property from my property.
The base of the tree was aprox 14" diameter.

The tree is on the opposite side of my backyard from his, I put all the branches and cut up logs into the back of my property across my backyard where the tree was from.

There is also a rock wall that seperates the neighbors property from mine, followed by the hedges that's mine which seperates the backyard from his.

My uncle (red shirt in the pic) who was helping with the tree cutting, sees my neighbor looking out of his kitchen door at us as we're cutting the tree down and looked like they were being nosy.

In the pictures, the neighbors backyard is in the direction of where my back faced when I took the pictures.

Last night I get home from work (2 days later), open my garage door and come out of there with a vaccum to clean my car interior.
He parks his black Acura TL, gets out and confronts me and starts telling me stuff like he saw me cutting the tree down and putting the cut up logs and branches near his property line and that he has informed the town and the building inspector.

I told him what does being near your property have anything to do with yours, it's still on my property. And if you have a problem with that, call the police.

He then says "I'm telling you as a neighbor" I said "whatever" and he walked away.

Last October, he told me where to park my pickup truck on the street!
And points out to his property line because I parked my pickup truck in his "spot" which is acutally more on my front lawn side. There is no assigined parking here, just open to all, it's a big Cul-de-sac type.
And he points out his property line divding my lawn from his...I'm like property lines does not dicate where you park.

I told my father's friend who lives down the street what he said to me, he nodded his head big time and told me the town owns between 4 and 6 feet of the front lawn from the street curb for garbage pickup and underground power lines/pipes. He told me to call him when my neighbor confronts me again...but unfortuntly he's at work at the time.

Looks like the next time he confronts me will be harassment...

I know I'm a Johnny Come Lately here, but that's just awesome!:dizzy:

it didn't take long.

my neighbors learned that everything they complained about multiplied and/or was replaced with something worse.no complaints now.

Latest posts

Back