Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think mine are that smart... More like dogs, if you don't correct within their 10 second attention span, the opportunity is lost until they do it again. Can we put those training collars on neighbors? *scratches head*

today:

@$$hat took his van out of the garage to clean out the interior of it and it looks like he just woke up (ungroomed hair, raggy clothes (possible PJ's?) and a jacket....it was 3:45pm.

He just did this 30 mins after I cleaned the windshield in my GF's car and checked the tire pressures in the driveway and after cleaning the interior and dashboard of my car :rolleyes:

A hour passed by....he's still cleaning out the interior of his stupid honda van...

I went to my workbench and took out the Liquid fence and sprayed a crapload on the green giants...the wind was lightly blowing from my backyard to his side of the house right into his driveway and it smelled so bad that a friend walked by said it smells so bad like someone puked all over the lawn to the street :ices_rofl:

It took him over 3 hours before the van was closed up and put back into the garage! he kept going in and out of the garage...lol (hey @$$hat...can't find your nazi gas mask?)

My grandpa ran a owned a dairy farm all his life, at age 70 he sold out and moved to town, taking his elderly border collie with him. The dog was like the son he never had, just about as important to him as blood and flesh family.
The neighbors dog kept coming over and attacking the old dog, grandpa warned them more than once, then he set a cast iron skillet on a big block of wood and run a electric cord out to the skillet with a pig tail that he screwed a 200 watt light bulb in to up the amperage and connected the hot wire to the skillet, he put is dog up in the house and poured bacon drippings and scraps in the skillet. It put a sudden, quiet end to the problem dogs. He just go un plug the extension cord, throw the carcass in a 55 gal drum liner and go throw it in a dumpster. His dog then lived in piece. Crows would bother his garden, he would soak corn to soften it and take a needle and thread it on 30 lbs fishing line and tie a tiny trout treble hook on the end and then steeple it to the top of corner post around the garden, crow would land on the post, eat the corn and if they weren't dead when he went out he just took a sawed off broom handle and finished the job. Tough and resoursceful old guy.

looked at the pics......WHERE IS YOUR SAFETY GEAR,,,,,
i reckon you should kick him in the nuts and take pics as you do it.

a permit to cut a tree down?

I was making firewood in my backyard with my 361 near the chain link fence which is the town's property (undeveloped lot) on the other side and my backyard is right up to the fence...on the 2nd day (last week), 2 police officers showed up in the backyard and asked me if I've been cutting trees down. I said 'no officer, just bucking for firewood' they told me they got a complaint and I told them this is not the first time it happeend, they asked me when the last time was (Oct) and I told them I spoke with the building inspector and was given a permit for this tree I was cut down which I am bucking now. Shook my hand and told me to continue what I was doing and to have a nice day.

While they were leaving, I looked at the neighbor's back sliding door and see them standing there on the phone, I gave them a no-no nod and blasted away cutting more firewood than planned for the day until daylight is gone :chainsaw:

Almost have a gallon thru the 361 now, it's time for the muffler mod now?

it will be a cold day in hell before i ask for a permit to cut a tree down.

I never heard of a tree cutting permit BS law. I finde it funny. I know we have open pit fire laws that nobody listens to. They are realy trying to tell me i cant cut a tree on my property?
Matt

Sometimes it is wise to know the City Ordinances you are working in.

What Permits are needed for Street Trees or others.

Permits sometimes are no big deal., Just like getting a permit to move your equipment over a posted road.

Have heard of a 20" Diameter Tree needing a permit to be taken down and then replaced with say 5 - 4" Diameter Tree's. No big deal, if you know the rules.

Not knowing the rules can get expensive.

Just saying, some City Ordinances are more strict than others.

http://www.usmayors.org/trees/treefinalreport2008.pdf

Here is a part of Mayors Report for CT.

Norwalk, CT: Over the decades (centuries, actually) trees have been removed from many
parts of the City, particularly the urban core, in favor of development. A major goal is to restore
the canopy on streets where it has either been totally removed or damaged. Additionally, our
goals include expanding the canopy where conditions will accommodate it.

West Haven, CT: The goal is to recognize the benefits provided by trees, including but not
limited to buffering noise and unsightly views, improving air quality, offering a habitat to birds
and other animals, preventing erosion, absorbing water, mitigating climate, and improving
quality of life.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''

CITY ORGANIZATION, ROLES, AUTHORITY
City Ordinances
Ninety-five percent of the survey cities have adopted one or more ordinances governing
tree management and care. Eighty-five percent of these cities have ordinances which require
new development projects to retain trees on site, plant new trees, or pay into a tree mitigation
fund. Ordinances cover removal of trees from private property in 63 percent of these cities;
utility practices regarding trees in 46 percent; and the planting of public trees on private property
in 38 percent. Among other areas covered by ordinances are regulation of right-of-way trees,
identified by six cities; protection of historic or exceptional trees, identified by five; and
regulations relating to disease or pest management, identified by three.
In 67 percent of the cities the ordinances’ enforcement provisions impose replacement
costs; in 66 percent they impose fines. Other penalties identified include civil and/or criminal
actions, by six cities; permit-related penalties, such as increased fees or denial of future permits,
by four cities; fees in lieu of planting trees, by two; and stopping work orders, by two.
Tree Canopy
Seventeen percent of the survey cities have mapped the total (public and private) tree
canopy. Forty-seven percent of the cities have made enlarging the tree canopy a stated goal of their overall tree resource management plan or an ordinance. Most of these cities described, in
varying detail, the goals they have set:

this is all BS!

it's YOUR property,that means the trees on it are YOURS.if you want them gone,they should be gone.plain and simple.

permits are another way of conditioning us.a permit is permission granted from dirt bags for you to do work on your own property? i don't think so.

Looks like he's back at it again...

Just about more than a hour ago, I took a old sink stand outside to cut to pieces for trash pickup tomorrow....took a DeWalt sawzilla out and started cutting into pieces, 2 mins later....heard "You fu(kin moron, do you mind?!"

I stopped and looked up and see him standing there in shorts right on the edge of his property line (it's cold outside) and I gave him a look and said "yeah leave me alone" and went back to cutting the rest of the sink stand up.
He stands there for 2 mins and left back into his house and yells "I'm calling the cops!"

I bag the pieces, put it out in front, sweep the floor and go back into the house.

10 mins later someone is banging on the basement door while I was in the kitchen on the 1st floor.

Then the doorbell rings and one of the tenants on the 2nd floor came down and looked confused. Then my doorbell rang on my floor....there was 2 town cops standing out there.

I asked him 'can I help you?' and the cops were telling me the neighbor called them and complained of construction noise and asked if I was doing any construction. I said no...then they asked about the garbage bags out in front (4 bags) I told them I put it out there tonite so the trash pickup can pick it up tomorrow morning.
He said "ok no problem, just letting you know if anyone calls before 6:30pm, we won't come out" and they asked about the 1974 Nova that I have out in front, started talking about classic cars and all that stuff and all was good.

Came back in and my wife asked me "what is wrong with that idiot...he's really immature, it's not like after 9pm"... Then it came down to talking about getting a contractor to install a tall fence on the side of the house to the backyard to shield their view.

Last edited:
Looks like he's back at it again...

Just about more than a hour ago, I took a old sink stand outside to cut to pieces for trash pickup tomorrow....took a DeWalt sawzilla out and started cutting into pieces, 2 mins later....heard "You fu(kin idiot, do you mind?!"

I stopped and looked up and see him standing there in shorts right on the edge of his property line (it's cold outside) and I gave him a look and said "yeah leave me alone" and went back to cutting the rest of the sink stand up.
He stands there for 2 mins and left back into his house and yells "I'm calling the cops!"

I bag the pieces, put it out in front, sweep the floor and go back into the house.

10 mins later someone is banging on the basement door while I was in the kitchen on the 1st floor.

Then the doorbell rings and one of the tenants on the 2nd floor came down and looked confused. Then my doorbell rang on my floor....there was 2 town cops standing out there.

I asked him 'can I help you?' and the cops were telling me the neighbor called them and complained of construction noise and asked if I was doing any construction. I said no...then they aksed about the garbage bags out in front (4 bags) I told them I put it out there tonite so the trash pickup can pick it up tomorrow morning.
He said "ok no problem, just letting you know if anyone calls before 6:30pm, we won't come out" and they asked about the 1974 Nova that I have out in front, started talking about classic cars and all that stuff and all was good.

Came back in and my wife asked me "what is wrong with that idiot...he's really immature, it's not like after 9pm"... Then it came down to talking about getting a contractor to install a tall fence on the side of the house to the backyard to shield their view.

Id have to move, or id end up making sure hes mouth stooped working. I have no neighbors. If that changes i'm gone.

Anyway you can make friends with the guy, fighting neighbors never gets better.EVER!

Nosey neighbor?

How would I go about posting 12 JPEG photos, totaling 46MB overall?

I've shown these photos to a few fella's who split wood in thier own yards, wood obtained from drops they did, some get the wood carted in from local landscapers.

I have 60 some odd photos but these 12 bring out the best in neighborly love:cry:

Just have to see them to believe 'em.

777er, what part of NY are you in?

I have done lots of work in the 5 boroughs, Long Island, Rockland, Westchester, Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster counties, as well as up past Albany and Amsterdam.

I know they have alot of rediculous laws/ordinances/whatever in the downstate area, and I know ALOT of a-holes make their homes in those areas.

Good luck with the bastard next door.

T

I am thankful that I have good neighbors on the whole street where I live. I get along with all of them (although not all of them get along with each other) and I know several people on the street behind me as well. I am on first name basis with neighbors five houses on either side of me and as well as an equal number of those across the street.

I wonder if doing tree work for them way below market price as anything to do with it.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back