Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I feel sorry for ya. This is the reason the only neighbor I have is a tenant and she can go packin if there is any problem, but wisely she does not as she cannot find a better more private place around here than she already has.

I had a code Natzi accross the street, one Sunday when we had a bigger than usal crowd for dinner, a Noob that wasn't aware of rose, parked his car on her side with his two tire just onto her grass.

she calls the police, The officer comes to our door IDs the driver and ask him to come outside. As Rose looks on she then explains to him that he is illegally parked in the roadway, and he must move his car over till all 4 tires are of the pavement. IE right in her Swale ( a term for ditch used here) as that is the designated auxiliary parking in this city.

Got more than a few estimates for a 8ft tall white PVC fence, and signed the contract and provided deposit, in March they'll be installing it.

Fence is gonna block their view of my backyard good, 8ft tall is the tallest permitted here and I applied for a permit since 8ft needs a variance from the local rules.

This winter after 2 big snowstorms, I had no problem clearing my driveway with my Craftsman 11hp snowthrower, cuts thru the driveway front that was plowed.

I made $70 just for 2 hours of clearning snow banks around cars and driveways off the books, everyone here asked for my help except...my bad neighbor...at the end of the day after having a beer down the street, I come back with the snowthrower in tractor mode and they're still slowly shoveling their driveway front still...looked about to give up since it already iced over. I paid no attention to them and kept on motoring.

Heck I even fired up the snowthrower at 1:30am to clear the driveway front after another round of plowing came by so I don't have to wake up earlier to do it before work, no problems since it was a state emergency at that time.

Just yesterday night, noticed their boiler was out of service for 2 days, no smoke and the driveway was kept open on one side for the boiler repair guy to come.

after you get your fence.... you ought to get one of those arm waving inflatable tube men and put on your side... and have it looking over at them.... :):)

after you get your fence.... you ought to get one of those arm waving inflatable tube men and put on your side... and have it looking over at them.... :):)

:laugh:

I plan on having a spring fling party shortly after the fence is all up and done. Gonna have a keg of beer and invite everyone I know, gonna be loud right up to 10pm on the minute.

I might as well put a bunch of gnomes there ;)

I plan on having a spring fling party shortly after the fence is all up and done. Gonna have a keg of beer and invite everyone I know, gonna be loud right up to 10pm on the minute.

paint the side of the fence that faces them an obnoxious color or rainbow.

gnomes with lighted eyes... that will look creepy at night.. LOL

gnomes with lighted eyes... that will look creepy at night.. LOL

d9db382770.jpg

:D

oh yeah... now if you can make them blink.....
Shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish, just drill some holes, from your side of the fence, and insert some red LED lights, maybe chop up a string of Christmas lights, just pair up 2 to a blinker unit!:jawdrop:

Finally home from deployment and looking over the site again, thanks for making me feel better about my neighbors, "There's no place like home!"

can't say it enough.................

Finally home from deployment and looking over the site again, thanks for making me feel better about my neighbors, "There's no place like home!"

Thanks for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The power of prayer

777 sorry about your troubles.I have found that if you believe,turn it over to whatever and pray for your neighbor for 2 weeks.You will be amazed.... Things never happen by chance.Try it it won't cost you a thing.Karma is a strong force.Someday,you and he will have an opportunity to "mend fences".Good luck.......

Spoke with the building inspector today to see what's taking over a month with no word on the fence permit and that the application fee check has been cashed a month ago...

Was told fencing up to 6ft can be installed with no permit, my application for fencing is for 8ft and requires a variance.

Since 8ft is considered structural, they need a recent land survey which is not more than 3 years old, and have to fill out the zoning application. The land survey I provided was dated 1977 which the house was built at that time.

As I just read the zoning application papers just a few mins ago on the requirements, there's one paragraph stating that I have to notifiy every owner within 200ft of my property via certified mail a week before the zoning meeting and provide the zoining board with a certification notice letter. :rolleyes:

Now this brings up the possibility of the bad neighbor showing up and voicing objection...gotta have to discuss with the building inspector about this issue.

I have mentioned to him I want a 8ft fencing due to problems from this neighbor and to block their kitchen window view from my backyard for privacy. He agreed with me.

Meetings are held 2nd wednesday of every month.

Now gotta have to hire a surveyor and do more paperwork...

dog poo revenge

Good post ^^^^ above^^^
People who don't clean up their own messes, dog or not, and expect others to do so can kiss my azz.
Years ago in another life, I had a neighbour with a small yappy POS dog (some sort of blond terrier I think) that they'd let out at night to crap in my front yard (did not have a back one). It was everywhere :( No matter how politely I mentioned this they always denied it was their dog doing this.
Long story short, I came home one afternoon and the lady I was with said 'Hey guess what?' and she had the little craphound trapped. I am not a mean person so didn't want to stomp the little bastard, but at the time we were doing some trim in dark blue Varathane (sp), so in a fit of, of, of, dunno, poo-rage, I took a brush and painted his nuts, gave him a doggy treat and sent him home. The next morning as I was going to work I was met at the door by a very excited and distressed woman who wondered if anyone around was using blue paint, we vehemently denied any knowledge, (and she never even mentioned the dog). Never saw it again for over two years. The funny thing was (at least to me) when I was driving to work that day I noticed blue paint all over my own hands :D DOH! It was mean I suppose, but very satisfying at the time and I near pizzed myself laughing (yes, I was a ####head att).
Moral> clean up after yer dang pets!
Story ends :p

best way to get back at people whose dogs crap in your yard is this. ( The bigger the dog, the better.) Take bacon grease, preferably while you can still pour it, and baste each pile of crap in your yard. When Fido comes over to do his business, he finds a bountiful, bacon-basted buffet under his nose. Most dogs tend to be hogs and will gorge themselves so no-one else can get any. When Fido returns home, with his bulging stomach, he will get a massive case of indigestion, which will be relieved by one of two ways, neither which will pleasant for the owners. Hopefully, this will happen during dinner. After cleaning up just one or two of these messes, they will start keeping a sharp eye on Fido to find out what is making him sick. They may end up taking the dog to the vet, to see what is making him ill. This will be costly. When they see him eating stuff in your yard, they will do everything to keep him on their side of the fence. It is a win-win situation. The culprit crapping in your yard cleans it up, and their owners have to clean up the rotten mess the dog dispenses in their house. Have fun with this and enjoy a clean yard!!!!

I got a bad neighbor tree story

My neighbor had 22 trees taken down in one shot on his 3/4 acre lot. He did not like the leaves in the fall and he was going to do some half-baked landscaping and the trees did not fit his plan. Anyway I agreed to have two trees that were on the border taken down to - and he paid for it. Anyway about three times in the next 1.5 years he asks me to remove some of the other trees - the ones that I have written about here.

Then one weekday morning at 5:30am - here comes the crazy neighbor's wife. I was actually lying in bed as the alarm had gone off and had to put some pants on to answer the door. Well wacko's wife asks me to give them permission to take down a cherry tree on the corner of our property lines - as it screws up his master landscaping plan. The tree trunk was about 3-4' inside the border line, and while some of the branches on one side went over the border - he wanted to whole tree down. I was a bit PO'd that she had come over to early and told her no, that I would not give permission to take down the tree and that I like that tree quite a bit.

Flash forward 45 minutes or so - and here comes her husband knocking on my door. He is a bit agitated and he cannot believe that I would not give him permission to take the tree down. He wants to show me how this tree is ruining his plan and why it must come down. He told me that it was within his right to take it down and that he had talked with a lawyer who confirmed that. I told him that he could trim any of the branches that overhang his property, but that he was off-base and full of it if he thought he could take down the tree. He couldn't believe that I did not go along with his plan and was questioning me if I thought he didn't know what he was talking about. I dropped some 4 letter words, told him what I thought of his mental stability and told him to get the hell out of my yard. Then I head off to work.

Flash forward to that night - I was telling my Dad about the morning encounter when my parents stopped by that night. My Dad went out with me to see the tree so he could find out what the guy was talking about. I went out to the tree and only half the tree was left:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Property line looking one way:
attachment.php

Property line looking the other way:
attachment.php

The area was all cleaned up - could not see many chips at all. I was PO'd and went to talk to a neighbor who is retired. He heard the chainsaw and saw that there was a tree company there during the day. I called the Police - the responding Officer shows up, checks it out and then goes to talk to the neighbor. After about 15 minutes - he comes back to me and tells me that the guy is insistent that he is in the right and that a lawyer confirmed it - the Officer told him that his lawyer was full of it and that he had no right to tresspass on my property to cut down 1/2 the tree. He questioned the guy about what he was thinking - telling the guy that you just screwed a relationship up with a neighbor. Now instead of having someone to look out for your house, collect mail on vacation, etc. - that guy is done with you. The officer was right - I have not spoken to him in 4.5 years since he did that. Well that is not true - I asked him to confirm the border again, and when he did I asked him why he was dumping his riding lawnmowers grass clippings on my compost pile and told him to cut the crap.

I thought about bringing the neighbor to small claims court, but dropped it. What I figure is that he had this planned and that his wife thought oh no - I better go over and get permission for what my husband has planned. When I said no - he just went ahead with the plan with the tree service he had contracted with.

Back