Baileys and backorders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve K

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It seems that every time I place an order lately something on the list gets backordered. When I go to use the checkout feature on their site it says that the parts are in stock, so I place the order. I get no emails or anything so I check my order history and notice a part is backordered!

When I place an order with Baileys and the part is in stock I usually have a saw I need to get done relying on those parts. To not be notified that the part is out of stock and they just place it on backorder is BS!

Anyone else having this trouble with Baileys?

Haven't really had that issue. Even with those items that were back ordered, they normally have followed the initial shipment by a day or two.

i had one backorder. a month had passed and i called them to cancel that portion of the order. been so long i looked and found the part locally.
they told me it had shipped that morning!

the surfer dude on the other end of the phone said, 'tell you what (dude), we'll credit you the cost of the part and when it gets there, you (like) go ahead and keep it (bro)'.

the backorder was a pain in the ass but the service you get there makes up for it.:clap:

I've had backorders on every order so far in 2009 and 2010. The last two orders I placed sat on the floor of their warehouse after being packaged for two-three days each time before shipping. Bailey's is getting more and more unreliable. :mad:

I agree they should tell you if it is on back order when you place the order. I have parts on back order from them right now. I ended up going to the husky dealer in town(which I do not like to goto) to get the parts I needed that were on back order. Not the end of the world though. Can't say anything bad besides that. Good prices and service for the most part.

I agree and think if the part says in stock then it shouldn't be backorded.

I'm still waiting on parts for my 1100 that I ordered in late Nov or early Dec!

Little contact also. I called just last week and was told I would be called back so I hung around just so I could be there when they called.

The call never came, they emailed instead. Wish I would have known that and I wouldn't have had to wait for the phone call thay never came as I had someplace to go.

Hopefully they will come this week, they said they should, but then they said that the week before also.

Not the typical Bailys dealings I'm used to.

I just ordered a clutch kit for the 064, backordered, no email notice, no call, luckily the clutch came a week later. This is my first dealings with bailey's. I prefer to go to the local saw shop, but I thought I would give Bailey's a try. Don't know if I'll be going back to them or not. Happy sawing to all of you. :chainsaw:

Yeah, Bailey's emailing copies of orders seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.

Seems that every time I order something is backordered or no longer available... They don't seem to make as many mistakes as in years past though.

For commonplace stuff like chains, they are great

I've had backorders on every order so far in 2009 and 2010. The last two orders I placed sat on the floor of their warehouse after being packaged for two-three days each time before shipping. Bailey's is getting more and more unreliable. :mad:
I've noticed this also, and asked Gregg about it once, they were just swamped. Often they get swamped over the weekend and on Monday/Tuesday are playing catch-up for two days.

I still like their service, and if you have a problem they are prompt to respond when you do have a question. They do multiple ship quite often when costs them and you the customer. They also never whine to get your business as some other vendors do on AS.

I've noticed this also, and asked Gregg about it once, they were just swamped. Often they get swamped over the weekend and on Monday/Tuesday are playing catch-up for two days.

I still like their service, and if you have a problem they are prompt to respond when you do have a question. They do multiple ship quite often when costs them and you the customer. They also never whine to get your business as some other vendors do on AS.

That right there is worth its weight in gold. That and the fact that Bailey's have engaged the competition head on and seem to be working it to Bailey's advantage, instead of hiding behind racist innuendos and whinny crap.

I hope they sort the issues out as the issues have to be bleeding them hard.

After reading my post and Jacob J's following post it became clear that I should point out that it is not my intention to imply that all the other sponsors are racist whiners. That was not my intention at all however I could see how my post could be interpreted as such. The ones that I take issue with I will not name as it is my issue with those sponsors. I will however never do business with or recommend those sponsors. The purpose for my post was simply having read the post that was quoted I agreed and added my additional reasons for why I supported Bailey's despite the negative press they have received over the last year +/-.

Again, I hope they get the issues they have sorted out, soon.

Last edited:
I've only seen one vendor here do any whining. I've done business with every AS vendor that sells saw parts and have had excellent results with each. Kyle at Edge & Engine scored me some great old parts for my vintage Homelites and CuttinScott ordered me some oddball Dolmar parts in the past that I couldn't get anywhere else. I did good business with Amick's when they were sponsors also.

I've only seen one vendor here do any whining. I've done business with every AS vendor that sells saw parts and have had excellent results with each. Kyle at Edge & Engine scored me some great old parts for my vintage Homelites and CuttinScott ordered me some oddball Dolmar parts in the past that I couldn't get anywhere else. I did good business with Amick's when they were sponsors also.
I have only seen one also, but I won't buy anything from him anymore. That's just the way I am...I have bought one thing from him in the past, but that's it, he lost my business.

Bailey's, OTOH, has bent over backwards to provide good service, and in some cases will let you keep the wrong parts if they do ship something by mistake, they are just good folks.

Justsaws, not to worry, I don't think it's only you and me that noticed how one vendor is a whiny...still, Bailey's never crys for my business and they can get parts at times that amaze me...like I got a 242xp decal a while back, only a few bucks, and the choke lever for about $5...yeah, they were backordred but only for a few weeks.

I placed an order with Bailey's on line two days before Christmas.

Two items that were in the Kansas City warehouse arrived the next day, most of the rest of the order arrived about a week later including a shirt that was noted to be on back order. There were two sprockets on back order that did not come before I left the country last Tuesday, as far as I know they have not arrived. Over the past 6 months or so this has happened to me 2 or 3 times, most everything comes execpt a sprocket or two including items that were back ordered.

On the other hand, they don't charge for anything until is ships so they only thing you may be out is some time if the parts don't make it.

I bought some McCulloch clutch drums (splined) through an e-Bay vendor last June (27th to be precise) and they just arrived at my place on 22 January. They included two extra .404 7T sprockets for the wait.

Mark

I was tempted to start selling parts that were not actually on hand, and
drop ship them from my sources, but the backorder thing made me not do
it.
I used to assume that if they had it for sale online, that they had it in
their stock if it added to your cart.
But I was wrong there. It pissed me off, and so I didn't want to piss
off any person that ordered from me if I could avoid it.

Also,
I don't use this site as a means to sell parts, never did like that, this site is
a great place for folks to learn, share, teach, and discuss ideas, part selling
is something I happen to also do.
As far as discussing problems with a sponser, I would do it on their own forum.

I have to agree, I used to really be impressed with baileys. In the last 2 yrs though here is what I have noticed.

Shipping not near as fast as it used to be.

Shipping alot higher.

Way to many back orders, like more than half my stuff.

Phone in orders and the reps used to be exc, you could tell them the saw you had and they would tell you what they had in stock to help you. Now they dont seem to know what a saw is and if you dont have a Part # forget it.

It sucks because I used to get all my stuff there, but I will say I have found some great guys on ebay to work with lately!

In the few yr. I've dealt with Bailey's, I think there has been one backorder, and that time I was told at the time I ordered that one item would be backordered. Phone calls have been immediately dealt with, etc. So I have had zero issues on these things. That one backorder arrived, I believe, in a couple weeks and it was recently and I was advised of its shipment via email. I am quite pleased.

I've had a backordered item once or twice with Bailey's but they always had the info as to when to expect delivery and they've been pretty accurate. I will deal with them because I can ask Gregg all the dumb questions I want before ordering and it doesn't cost me a dime and they've been more than fair on any issues I've had.

Between Gregg at Bailey's and Kyle at Edge & Engine I'm suprised they don't screen their calls and e-mails and refuse mine.

A couple orders ago a few things were back-ordered and I was notified. My last order was Dec 31 and I was not notified. I assumed it was because they were snowed under at the time. When I need something in a hurry, I get it local. Otherwise I mail-order. I am 101% satisfied with Baileys. Their service, selection and pricing is outstanding, in my opinion!

Latest posts

Back