Baileys BB kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nba123

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just recieved my BB kit for my 395xp. I started it and warmed it up and made two cuts and then measured the sqish. When the plug was out I looked in and was shocked to see the lineing was allready peeling and had allready wore the piston. This is my second BB kit for a 395 and the other is on the shelf out side it made it 1 tank and peeled. The first one I bought on Ebay and the seller didnt stand behind it. So this one I bought from baileys because of there rep. So far I havent recived a call back and cant get through do to call volume, I am not impresed, but still optimistic. The piston seems to fit to tight to the cyl IMO and is very poor quality. As for the saw that it is going on it is a 2008 and is tight it was bought new and still looks new with fac pis and cyl very clean. Thought this post might get baileys attention. Thanks James

I just recieved my BB kit for my 395xp. I started it and warmed it up and made two cuts and then measured the sqish. When the plug was out I looked in and was shocked to see the lineing was allready peeling and had allready wore the piston. This is my second BB kit for a 395 and the other is on the shelf out side it made it 1 tank and peeled. The first one I bought on Ebay and the seller didnt stand behind it. So this one I bought from baileys because of there rep. So far I havent recived a call back and cant get through do to call volume, I am not impresed, but still optimistic. The piston seems to fit to tight to the cyl IMO and is very poor quality. As for the saw that it is going on it is a 2008 and is tight it was bought new and still looks new with fac pis and cyl very clean. Thought this post might get baileys attention. Thanks James

Go into the Bailey's forum and speak to Gregg for a quicker response.

Odds are Baileys will do you right. I had a couple 84cc Dolmar kits with issues. Baileys was right on the spot with service. I did wind up going with the German kit. One difference I noticed was both the piston ring and the wrist pin clips required more effort to assemble on the German stuff.

Howdy,
That particular kit has been pretty bullet proof so far. I show that we've sold 210 in the last 2 years with only 1 return. We certainly stand behind what we sell. Generally having the coating peel is more common to chrome plated cylinders and the BBN 395's are Nikasil. Got any photos you can send. Get back to me with a order, or customer number (PM is ok) and we'll get you fixed up.
Regards
Gregg

Bailey's has the best customer service. Sorry to hear you had such difficulty. If you leave a message with them they will call you back.

I would send both of them back to be examined. I have bought many many products from Bailey's and never had an issue.

One very cool product they have for marking firewood...It has a wheel and you roll it on the log and it marks the log at the right spot for what ever length you want. Great for perfectly sized firewood.

I will try to get some pics of both the cylinders on here this week. I have had trouble posting pics probly because I am not that good with computers. I also would like to post pics of the tranfer ports they are horible. This may be a case of you get what you pay for. I am still optimistic because I had a 441 with BB kit from Baileys and never had any trouble. I am in no way bad mouthing baileys I have spent a large amount of money with them over the years for my comp and had great luck. I want to keep this positive.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the BB kits. Pics would be great in this thread. It's easy to add pics. It's better if you go through a host site like photobucket and paste the IMG code in your post . The pics show up in the post.
It's free, and once you get set up, really easy.

Back