Bailey's Catalog 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I thought they weren't doing these anymore! Excellent reading material!

Lack of a catalog might have been reflected in the sales numbers.

shipping rates killed it for me. I was ordering something a while back and the shipping cost more than the item (x27 sharpener) so I didnt complete the order. I have a list of stuff I need (and it would be nice to buy from one location) but the shipping cost kills the deal for me. And so I wait for a free shipping promo. A "few hundred dollar" order dont mean much to big companies anymore it seems.

Thanks - will keep an eye out for the new catalog. I kept the last one for reference. Flipping through a catalog is not the same as looking up things on line - you see things you did not know about, as well as specific things you might be looking for.

shipping rates killed it for me. . . . I have a list of stuff I need . . . but the shipping cost kills the deal for me. And so I wait for a free shipping promo. . .

I use Bailey's 'wish list' feature to track smaller stuff that I might want, but not need right away, or to use to reach the 'free shipping' thresholds. If I am ordering something larger, these items essentially ship for no additional cost.

Philbert

Shipping charges destroyed my relationship with Bailey's too. Often they would set on a order that was supposed to be in stock for almost a week before they would pick it and send it out.

I want a Wetterlings splitting maul, the x27 sharpener, a Cannon Super Bar for my 064, a bar rail dresser, a pherd file and some other stuff. I've found the wetterlings elsewhere, havent looked for the other stuff.

Their shipping has got to far out of hand for me and has cost them my hard earned money that I choose to spend elsewhere.

Part of the shipping deal is that they are way out there on the west coast, and cross country shipping is brutal right now. Not saying that's the whole story, cause some of the numbers you guys are posting indicate that shipping might be a profit item for them.

Part of the shipping deal is that they are way out there on the west coast, and cross country shipping is brutal right now. Not saying that's the whole story, cause some of the numbers you guys are posting indicate that shipping might be a profit item for them.
Their shipping was done by a remote forwarding company and probably still is? The shipping company made the extra profit? Bailey's office has, in the last 6 mos, moved from the remote northern CA area to about a block away from their forwarding company near Sacramento?

The painfully slow website killed my order with Bailey's. It took over an hour to browse a few items I was interested in. Finally I exited their site with a few items still in my shopping cart.

Their website can be an exercise in futility to navigate and the shipping delays coupled with exorbinate shipping costs are really going to hurt their business.

I was going to order a gasket from them and they wanted 8 bucks to ship I removed from cart and will find my stuff other places

Latest posts

Back