Baileys Piston And Cylinder Kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tzed250 said:
Mahle sets the standard.

Some of the worst castings I've ever seen were Mahle cylinders. They had a run of the late '97/early '98 046 saws that had horribly mis-aligned ports, almost to the point where it looked as though the ports had been carved by a four year-old with a butterknife (and that's no joke, although there are four year-olds out there who could do better than Mahle did on these).

There was also a run of the Mahle cylinders when the 044 was first switched over to the MS-440 that had an over-pronounced lip on the bottom of the transfer ports. Fuel would puddle in that lip when the saw was idling and then when the user picked the saw up, the excess fuel would stall the engine. Stihl issued a technical bulletin on this and customers who bought the saws were encouraged to bring them back. We had to take the cylinders off and grind the lip off. Stihl reimbursed us for one of hour of labor under warranty guidelines for each saw regardless of the fact that we spent almost two hours on each saw by the time it was done.

I had to get a 026 p&c from my dealer because I knew I would not feel good about it having a chicom rebuild. The chicom stuff might be good in a cheap saw but a pro saw should get oem. That way you know it will preform well. I think if my little echo 346 burnt up, it would get a af set. That might even be too expensive, might just throw it away.......

i never had a problem with bailey's cylinder kits.

all the saws i put big bore kits on are still going strong. i had to match up to the intake boot a couple times but that's it.

How often do you run those saws. Do you have any estimated hourly time? Real curious because I have an older 044 (backup saw) that has been through the ringer, maybe a big bore will pick her up. I am not real interested in the new 441 anyhow.

it gets used pretty much everyday by the guy i sold it to.

it was the big bore kit.made a nice difference in stumping power.the new kits have upgrades in the 08 ctatlog.for the money you can't go wrong.i have never know Bailey's to sell junk .they seem to strive to sell great stuff.i wouldn't hesitate to buy another kit from them.next blown up 372 or 044 i get will be getting another kit from them.

How often do you run those saws. Do you have any estimated hourly time? Real curious because I have an older 044 (backup saw) that has been through the ringer, maybe a big bore will pick her up. I am not real interested in the new 441 anyhow.

If ya aint interested in the 441 then shut yer yap about it. Quit talking smack about a saw you know nothing but worthless technical crap about that may or may not even be accurate.

Hornet422,
Thanks for the info. I have an account with Bailey's and will probably pick one up with my next order (If I ever get called back to work). I guess the latest generation of cylinders are nikersil coated, so they are suppose to last longer. I have noticed they are more expensive.

If ya aint interested in the 441 then shut yer yap about it. Quit talking smack about a saw you know nothing but worthless technical crap about that may or may not even be accurate.

You should probably take your own advise. I seem to recall you bashing Husqvarna saws on many occasions.

What is the word I'm searching for here.

Hmmm.

Lets see, Hypocrite, yeah thats the word I'm looking for.

You should probably take your own advise. I seem to recall you bashing Husqvarna saws on many occasions.

What is the word I'm searching for here.

Hmmm.

Lets see, Hypocrite, yeah thats the word I'm looking for.

But I have run them...not impressed....:newbie:

Bowtie,
Actually, I have played around with one. Our crew has one on the landing. Apparently the 440 has been discontinued, so they got one. No one is particularly impressed, and replacement parts are super expensive. Hence bringing the 044 back to life.

Bowtie,
Actually, I have played around with one. Our crew has one on the landing. Apparently the 440 has been discontinued, so they got one. No one is particularly impressed, and replacement parts are super expensive. Hence bringing the 044 back to life.

I as well dont like the fact that the 440 is discontinued, but nothing I can do about it, life goes on, so I bought the new version, and...I LOVE IT!!! Dont need it any more, but I STILL LOVE IT!!!!

But I have run them...not impressed....:newbie:

How do you know Pissfirwillie has not run a 441 and is not impressed with it? Would you still want him to shut his mouth about? When ever someone says that they don't like the 441, you act like they just insulted your woman.

Maybe I just stumbled on to something here. Have you ever been cut by the chain while you're fornicating with your beloved 441?

Back