Ball Park 1130G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering what a ball park figure would be for a Homelite 1130G in excellent shape be? Looks to have about a 30" bar.

A buddy of mine has one for sale that he states has cut about 30,000 ft with.He's had it since new.

He's as straight a man as you could ask for so I don't have a problem in believing him. Thanks Steve

Few on this forum are interested in the colectable value of a saw. A 30" bar is not really taking advantage of what a 100cc gear drive saw is capable of milling wise. If the saw is still running the 1/2" pitch chain it came with that would be another liability. That saw also has a gap ignition system and will be hard to find parts for. Milling is hard on a saw and when that thing needs new rings or a new jug it might end up becoming a boat anchor.

A 1130G would probably have more value to some who collects old saws than to someone who wants to use it for milling.

Last edited:
Scooterbum, are you currently milling or just have an interest in milling? Don't you have an 066/660(or several) in shape to mill with?

I'd run it if: It could be had for a song and if you could get a 3/8" bar and chain to work on it-why not? However, there are many big saws that getting parts for is not a problem. You just have to weigh things out. I'm not familiar with the saw although I did look at the exploded parts view. Oregon might be able to help you out with a sprocket or maybe machine one. Ask them what bar would work or best to modify also. So far all I saw was someone making sprockets for .404 chain last year heard nothing about 3/8's.
Good luck.

Yeah I have a few 066's and a newly aquired 056magII I mill with.This is a good friend that's just trying to get an idea of what to ask for it.

Myself I don't need a saw this big.Most of what I mill is smaller logs anyhow.I had it out yesterday and this thing is a beast !!

He has about a 3rd of a roll of 404 stihl chain he is throwing in with it.

Just trying to decide on ebay or CL.

Thanks for the input.

1/2" drive sprocket gears are the easiest to find but 1/2" chain is getting hard to come by. 404 gears are pretty rare for the saw and 3/8 would have to be machined and costly. Running the saw continuously on its side there might be lube issues in the transmission. Also I think the trans is vented.

Latest posts

Back