Band sharpner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Woodmizer sharpener that came with the mill and the only out of pocket money was to revive it from the scrap heap. It does a fine job in a short time. I did buy a new Woodmizer tooth setter and feel that there has to be a better faster way of setting the teeth as this is a very time consuming process with the basic tooth setter. Cook makes a sharpener and tooth setter that I am interested in if I decide to up grade. Now recently Woodmizer came out with there new sharpener and automated tooth setter, but it is a bit spendy.

And Cooks sharpener is on sale now for a little less than $2000, I've been running a Wright fron Timberking for 6 years and have sharpened well over a thousand blades, I think they cost around $1850 and are simular to cooks except the motor is smaller which doesn't matter unless your trying to hog off a lot which you shuoldn't do . Right now with Cooks on sale I'd go with them, otherwise I'd get the Wright $1850 vs $2450. On mine it takes about 6 minutes to sharpen a blade, all automatic once you get it started, then you can set a blade or sharpen a chainsaw when it's running. Steve

Whats the best band sharpener for the money?

Wood-mizer LT30 is my mill...

Mark

I guess it depends on what you consider "best"?

I sharpen and set with Norwoods sharpener/setter and they work fine. They are slower than many of the others, but they cost about half as much too...

Rob

I guess it depends on what you consider "best"?

I sharpen and set with Norwoods sharpener/setter and they work fine. They are slower than many of the others, but they cost about half as much too...

Rob

+1 Good equipment, and cheaper. Also a bit slower.

No more doctoring pics!!!!!! :buttkick: :buttkick: Watch out for Robert.

Kevin

Ruff Cutts

Back