Bandit 2100SP blown motor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W Dakota Boom

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Josh and I own Western Dakota Boom Truck Service in North Dakota.

On my first stump grinding job of the season, and the second tiny stump, my Bandit decided that it wanted all of the oil to be on the outside of the engine, instead of where it is supposed to be. :)

I have been busy cutting trees, so I have not torn it apart yet. On top of that, we are in the middle of a house move. I want to order a new engine, which it is a Kohler Command Pro. Bandit quoted me at least 2300 for a new motor, but I can find the same motor online for 1600. However, there are about 4 different models of the same motor, with different output shafts. I was wondering if anyone was familiar this model, and might have an idea of what I need. I have not found anything in regards to the output shaft in the owners manual diagrams.

I would also consider upgrading to a larger motor, if its monetarily feasible, and if the added power would make a big difference.

The last big stump I did had a 56" base, and that took a while...

Thanks!

Last edited:
You should have a serial number, model number, and possibly a family number on the blown engine. Give these numbers to the seller and they should be able to hook you up with the right motor.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

Back