Bandit 280 HD vs Vermeer BC2000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a used chipper. Both come with a grapple arm. One is a 2002 Vermeer BC2000 with 1290 hours and 200 horse power, and the other is a 2002 Bandit 280HD with 1350 hours, 250 horse power, & one original owner.

The Bandit is located about 3.5 hours away and is $59.5k
The Vermeer is located about 6.5 hours away and is $37.9k

They both look clean in the pictures.
The BC2000 is a 20"Drum
and the 280HD is 18" Disc
I'm leaning towards the BC2000
If price wasn't an option, which one would be better?

Not sure on the details on the Bandit; I haven't spoken to the owner yet. It is the the original owner, and the machine looks like it's been well taken care of.

The fellow with the Vermeer didn't use it for tree work, He said he owned it for a year, and used it for one project for lot clearing. Seems like he made his money with the lot clearing job, and now is just trying to break even with what he paid for the BC2000.

Im a fan of Vermeer just bought another bc1800 and love it. Demo'd a couple bandits just didn't care for them. I think its like ford/chevy or stihl/husqv. Just a matter of preference. If the are that close id just tske a look at both and maybe try them out to see which you like better.

My buddy in Maryland said he has a bandit 280XP for sale for $10k. Doesn't have a grapple arm, but the price is right. He's still about 3 weeks out of selling it, and I don't need one for a while. So I'm just sitting back and waiting. Hoping he's serious about selling it.

Latest posts

Back