bandit chipper and dump box combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardillo

Reaction score
I am contemplating bying a chipper and box combo to pull behing a F350 type truck. Would welcome any comments on this combo. Any major problems i should be aware of ?

I like the idea of the chipper/dump combo, but unless you're a very low-volume operation, it would be too small. The chipper is usually a 6-inch capacity and the dump only holds a few yards. I think you will outgrow it quickly, but it may be a good stepping stone for a larger unit.

I have had a few customers take a chipper and mount it on the front of a dump trailer. It usually ends up being cheaper and you have more capacity. Morbark makes one also it is just expensive. But they put a much more powerful chipper on the unit than bandit. The problem is still that both have a small capacity.

I heard a while back about a building company by me that has a fast feed chipper mounted on the back of an older dump truck. When they go into the woods they just feed the brush through the chipper which is (I think) on a turntable, and they just let the chips fly.

Latest posts

Back