Bar Dressing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone else notice that the hand units made by oregon, pferd, vallorbe etc... just don't work on cannons, tsumura's, and sugi's? i'm buying a bar rail grinder as soon as i get a larger shop. mine is an oregon and it really only works on oregon, windsor, and stihl bars. i've been closing bar rails for years with a vice but was recently shown how those bar rail closers work and they are slick if you know how to use them. i'm gonna get one.

[/ATTACH] View attachment 501152 View attachment 501153

BEST BAR DRESSER OUT THERE!!...

you lucky SOB! i see all the chain and barrel of oil and think you are a saw shop. that's good cause IMO there aren't enough of these to go around for firewood hacks to get them and have them as a display piece in their shop. they should be in the hands of a saw shop or a professional cutter. there is a guy here where i live with one and he never even uses it. heck, he doesn't even cut wood. he's a bar shop polisher. piss me right off cause i need one for real. heck, the saw shop i use needs one for real but many of them are hoarded away by hacks with no use for them. same as square grinders.

you lucky SOB! i see all the chain and barrel of oil and think you are a saw shop. that's good cause IMO there aren't enough of these to go around for firewood hacks to get them and have them as a display piece in their shop. they should be in the hands of a saw shop or a professional cutter. there is a guy here where i live with one and he never even uses it. heck, he doesn't even cut wood. he's a bar shop polisher. piss me right off cause i need one for real. heck, the saw shop i use needs one for real but many of them are hoarded away by hacks with no use for them. same as square grinders.
What you say is true,they are pricey for sure.but if you get a lot of bars to square up in time it pays for it self then you start putting money back in your pocket.
hope you can get one (from the guy in your town) and keep your saws cutting straight!

Is the Oregon chain grinder setup to move out of way? like the backstop too

LoveStihlQuality
yes it is. the one pictured is my first grinder I learned on. I now use it to grind rakers,as I bought the better one to do cutters. the clamp on the first one is pretty chinsy and needs replacement often.
clamp on second one way better,plus a larger diameter wheel lasts a lot longer. both are on pipes for moving around,works great.

Howdy,
I spent a lot hours strapped to a Barshop. The most dangerous part is the groove cutting wheels. I have sent a 22" most of the way through a wall that had 1/2" sheetrock on both sides.
Regards
Gregg

I tried files on my Stihl bars...was a pain. Went to a coarse diamond stone, also a pain. Switched to my wifes oscillating spindle sander set at 90 to the spindle and it worked perfect. That's what I use now, does a better job than the ones I got dressed at any of the saw shops in my area.

--Wintermute

Back