bar for climbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironwood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Don't know about your 335, but I really like the "lite bar" that I use on my 020T Stihl. Suppose to be 35% lighter than standard bar. They replace the metal with a plastic composition in the center porportion of the bar. This 14" bar makes trimming a little easier on me at the end of the day, and the saw has a better ballance in my oppinion.

I agree, lighter is much more better. I actually invented ultralight saw bars and was using them 10 years ago. The original bars simply had several 2" holes drilled through the length of the bar, the second generation had the center lamination milled almost completely out. My moto is if the manufacurer doesn't do it right, do it right for them.
The difference is even more pronounced on big saws.

I had one of those bars for my 020T but it was twice the price of a normal bar. A bar for an 020T is not that heavy to begin with. I though the bar was cool but not worth the extra price. I might try the Maasification method.

Watch out, some purists here may jump on you for pruning with an 020.

Who makes these "Ultra-light" bars now? Are they available with Intenz?

Back