Bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1

I store my saws in a different toolbox from fuel and oil in the truck. One of the toolboxes holds 6 saws, another holds some backup saws. Another toolbox holds a few jugs of fuel, a few jugs of oil, mix, wedges, files, spare chains etc...

When I throw some gear in the wagon to go out for a small job, fuel and oil goes in a tub. Stops it leaking into the wagon and prevents saw punctures. Even on the rare occasion that I do throw fuel/oil in with saws I make a point of putting something in between them. We are talking commercial tree care here, right? I'm guessing the above posts aren't posted by weekend warriors with one saw and one jug going out to cut.

SHaun

I have my saw box packed, it has to go in a certain way, but the way I organized it, I can have 4-5 jugs in there with out any threat of them being punctured.

we been looking for a more spill proof alternative and came up with the tide (I think) laundry detergent container. It's one of those push button feed type containers. Just as tough as any bar oil plastic container with the added feature of flow control

Yep.. +1 The downy and liquid laundry detergent bottles are about the best no spill, no drip bottles I have found for bar oil. I buy the bulk mag one oil from northern.

STIHL bar oil.........$19.79/gal......:censored:.....what the fark are they puttin in it to make it so expensive? Holy sh#t!! Trust me, I know STIHL is proud of their products but seriously!!

TSC bar oil....$9.79
Husqvarna bar oil....$11.99

Northern tool 2.5 gal jugs are about $11.20 per gal before using any coupons, and about $9.18 per gal if you use their readily available coupons.

... One gallon, easy to fill, pour spout, and bullet proof. Anybody use anything like this? Where'd you get it?

Tide detergent bottles.

Or is that what you are already using?

They have a cool little spigot that never seems to leak, and they are easy to refill. Nice bright red color makes them easy to spot, too.

They work pretty good as gas cans, except that they swell up quite a bit in the summer time. They don't have a vent, and they hold pressure pretty well.

For shop use when making repairs, I use old GoJo hand cleaner pump spout jugs for bar oil. For in the woods I will use anything as long as it can be tied to my gas jug and flung over my shoulder.

I use the ones they come in. Why poor it from a jug...........to a jug! I can see it if you buy in bulk, I dont, I buy the cheapest crap I can find, Stihl wants 18 bucks for a gal, that is straight up robbery. I buy the cheap crap at our Farm and Fleet, have never had a problem with it. Chains are fine. Its just as good. Dont let them tell u any different either, once that stuff hits a chain at full throttle, there is no way it can break down in the time it takes to get flung off. I pay 5.99 a gal, sometimes 4.99. I see on the logger shows, those guys carrying, what looks like a lucas treatment bottle out in the woods, cant see how that would last............then again, maybe that's the point, get to take a break and walk to the truck, check text messages, take a leak, get a drink, and oh yeah fill my bar oil and gas .......... again!
Patriot, using bio, how does that come? Gallons like norm?
I have used used engine oil in the winter, problem with that is cleanliness, gotta strain it, or the oilier will get plugged with crap from a oil pan.

Its important to remember that you end up breathing a good amount of bar oil mist, and burnt oil. One advantage to the sthil oil is it contains no carcinogens, and has no know health hazards (stamped right on the side of the drum) . I know it seems like a small thing but if you have employees using used motor oil or Hyd oil could expose you to health claims in the future

Time to filler up...

43ab39e91f15493490275bc358917ee1.jpg

Back