Bar oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGE420

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
God damn new saw leaks oil like a mutha...why the hell does it do this when it's just sitting on the bench.

I don't mean just a lil bit, but if it sits for a week or 2 when the rez is full it's basically all gone!!!:censored: :censored:
I have the oiler turned up all the way but it still should not leak out this much when shut off and sitting.

Brand new stihl ms341

:notrolls2: Try loosening the oil cap when you put it up to release the pressure in the oil tank and see what that does. If you notice a lot of air being released thats probably your problem. :notrolls2:

:notrolls2: Try loosening the oil cap when you put it up to release the pressure in the oil tank and see what that does. If you notice a lot of air being released thats probably your problem. :notrolls2:

There is no air coming out and the seal on the cap it great as this is a brand new saw mabey 8 tanks.

Only this coming out is oil.

Proly take it to the dealer for warranty work as ive heard this is a problem on some new stihls!

Yeah.

I'ts the same cc as the 361 just with a different port layout.

But after i finished port timing mine, and a few more goodies it's rips 10X harder than the 361 now.:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
God damn new saw leaks oil like a mutha...why the hell does it do this when it's just sitting on the bench.

I don't mean just a lil bit, but if it sits for a week or 2 when the rez is full it's basically all gone!!!:censored: :censored:
I have the oiler turned up all the way but it still should not leak out this much when shut off and sitting.

Brand new stihl ms341

I bought a new Husky 385xp (and had it for one week) that did the same thing...leaked like a sieve.

Back