Bar oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than what bush did to you guys...and look what options you have now...osama obama or your mama.... :D

Anyway help a white boy out!
Now this is getting a bit off topic I don't have any problem with Obama being Black he could be white I just dont trust the Guy! This just coming from a Canuck looking in what effects you guy's effects us in a short wile.
I really dont care if he is black yellow or brown or white let's not make this a race issue.

Last edited:
maybe you should stick to your high school exams and put the saw back in daddys shed? :D:D:D:D:D

This coming from a guy that proly plays rugby LMAO:buttkick:

Mabey 11 years ago i would have but I didnt realize 30 year olds go to high school jabroni mabey down under in crockville they still do.

Now go ride your sheep or something productive MATE.:cheers:

Just playing with ya you Wallaby.:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Hey Savage "420" (L.O.L.) are you certain it's actually leaking? I thought mine was too, but I have my oiler turned up all the way, and after each use it seems like it's leaking, but then once I get it cleaned up etc after a while no more oil comes out while it's sitting there. Maybe some is already in the process of coming out when it was running, and slowly seeps afterwards just for a while. If I put it straight away in my case, I find oil in the bottom later. I.D.K. just a guess, if it's like mine. Anyways better too much oil than not enough right? No, just kidding. I hope you get it fixed.

Hey Savage "420" (L.O.L.) are you certain it's actually leaking? I thought mine was too, but I have my oiler turned up all the way, and after each use it seems like it's leaking, but then once I get it cleaned up etc after a while no more oil comes out while it's sitting there. Maybe some is already in the process of coming out when it was running, and slowly seeps afterwards just for a while. If I put it straight away in my case, I find oil in the bottom later. I.D.K. just a guess, if it's like mine. Anyways better too much oil than not enough right? No, just kidding. I hope you get it fixed.

I hear you on that bro, i just used it all day today falling some huge fir and bucking it all up (proly 8 cords).

I put it away in the shop with the usual rag underneath, so i will check tomorrow. But yes my oilers cranked max, cause i run a big bar so what you said might be whats happening!

I will post tomorrow.

BTW what saw you run?

Just the M.S. 260, but my dad just picked up an M.S. 290 this weekend and I tried it out side-by-side with the mine for the first time yesterday and they are about the same. I have my oil on the maximum setting too, but with a very short (16") bar, so that really is alot of oil

B.T.W. while we are on the subject (not to take your thread O.T.), but does anyone know the best way to clean out the oil channels in a bar? I can poke out debris from the little hole where it goes in, but what about the rest of the bar? Compressed air?

What did you end up doing about it.

I took it back to the dealer where it was purchased. The lead mechanic looked at it & said OK, just bar oil coming off the chain after cutting.
He called the regional rep...they all agreed it was OK. The saw continued to leak when I took it home and stored it. I drained the oil tank. I wanted a refund. I could "trade up" on another Husky, but no full refund. The dealer is 70 miles round-trip from home. I already had 210 miles in the saw...It's still in the garage. I use it once in a while. When winter comes I'll have a local arborist friend look at it for me, or take it to another Husky dealer(even farther away).

I bought it for $800.00 w/ 24" bar in April 2008

Back