Bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pillsbury union probably probably wont allow Biscuits, Crescent Rolls or Cinnamon Rolls to be hauled in the same truck. Maybe the union can bankrupt them like hostess......
Back to DIY buns,, I guess?? DIY bar oil, DIY rolls, DIY bread,, DIY toilet paper,, DIY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

I went in Orscheln for Echo bar oil today. Couple weeks ago a gallon was $14.99. Today $19.99 plus tax. 😳

Tractor Supply has bar oil in stock (in my city store) it is $9.99 per gallon on sale. Muskogee, OK.

I’ll be honest I haven’t noticed any bar oil shortage. Shelves are stocked to the gills at my shop. We’ve got probably 120 gallons of it at all times.
Yeah, no shortage here - though to be fair, I'm mostly getting it where I always have - local gas stations (in farm country that's like "Everything you don't want to run into the big city for" stores...), TSC, etc. Though most of them at least carry a few name-brand mixes. I'm not that fussy about bar oil.

What's up with the bar oil shortage? I haven't seen any bar oil in stock for the past month or so. Every place I go the bar oil shelf is always empty.
I got some at DG a couple months ago. They were selling out. Honestly though I change oil in my own vehicles so whatever clean oil is left over goes in the (bar oil) jug regardless of weight…it’s fine.

I got a gallon today for $8 at a place called Fleet Farm. They are mostly in Wisconsin and Mineesota. When it's cold, I mix it with old transmission fluid. I tested the bar oil yesterday and it was almost grease. it was 0 in the morning and left outside so it was stiff. I have never seemed to have a problem doing this. My bars seem fine. Transmission fluid is thinner and I used it for years and I used my dads old oil when he died. He had old 10w40, old bar oil and a gallon of diesel motor oil , even though he never had a diesel . When he got old, he would buy stuff if it was free or a dollar with a rebate. I mixed it all together and it seemed fine, however, I only cut when its cold outside.

Seems to be plenty of bar oil available in my area, but the loggers sure are having a hard time selling wood for a decent price.
Give it time, they will sell it come next fall when they start paying 6 bucks a gallon for fuel oil and propane. Next fall will be a rough one. I am loading up all the wood I can get and have all of next yrs. cut and split. I have almost all I need for the 23-24 winter. I have a pile of wood outside ready to go into the wood shed. This fall when I started that pile, a years wood was worth $1,000 in natural gas. By fall it will be worth $2,000.

I bought canola oil to try. I ran other veggie oil it spoiled in the tank when let sit. Couple fellas told me canola won’t do that so I grabbed 5 gallons. Gonna give it a go

Latest posts

Back