Bar studs on a cs2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
Reaction score
According to my ipl they push in from inside the oil tank. Is there enough room to push them out and back in through the fill hole or does it have to be split to do it?

I think there was a thread a while back detailing this.
But yes there is room from the oil tank fill.
Use thin wire wrapped around the threads of the new studs to guide them in and use forceps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall reading somethibf recently about this. I remember someone said the use of a telescoping mechanics magnet helps significantly. Then they draw them through with a stack of washers and the nut. I have a telescoping magnet with a swiveling head that would do the trick.

I recall reading somethibf recently about this. I remember someone said the use of a telescoping mechanics magnet helps significantly. Then they draw them through with a stack of washers and the nut. I have a telescoping magnet with a swiveling head that would do the trick.
That was my though except I actually have a stud pulling bearing instead of washers haha every bit helps. I kind of figured that it could be done this way I just want to see if anybody else had.

I see in your signature you have a 2159 stuffed full of bananas, how do you like it?

It's impressive, very responsive. I just put some west coast dogs on it, the large ones. Next upgrade is a 20" lite bar. It's a very capable machine.
Do you know if a full wrap is available for this saw, I've never owned a jonsered before this one

I'm not sure if there is. Possibly one for a 357xp but the husky handles dont fit the jonsereds I believe. This area on the jonsereds I believe are different than the Huskys. Maybe someone knows different.
IMG_20170101_124925330.jpg

Latest posts

Back