Baraboo Wis. Old Saw Contest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
August 20, 21, and 22. Old saw display and contest at the Badger Steam and Gas Engine Show, Baraboo WI. Saw display and demonstration Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Old saw contest on Saturday only at 12:00 noon. Classes include:2-man antique, antique geardrive, vintage direct drive, and vintage hotsaw. Class descriptions: 2-man antique - stock, one cut down, wood size 18-24". Antique geardrive - stock, one cut down, wood size 14-18". Vintage direct drive - 1979 and older, one cut down, one up, wood size 12-15", stock, no square chisel chain. Vintage hotsaw - usually mac kart engine saws, 3 cuts, down, up, down, wood size 12- 15", contact me to see if yours will qualify [email protected] This is an amature event, no entry fee. We have plenty of wood to cut if you want to demonstrate, and 2 saw bucks to hold logs securely. Display area is shaded in a park-like setting. See club website for general show info and maps
www.badgersteamandgas.com
This is a fun event, not too serious. Bring your sense of humor, and don't take it too serious. We do use two timers and try to make it as fair as possible, but we're here to have a good time, and see the old saws run. Bring a camera and a camcorder, you don't see a Mac BP1, or Disston 12hp 2-man cutting too often.

_

I'm hoping to be able to get there, sounds cool.

Soon I'm hoping to have my truck on the road so, maybe I can make it.

That is really cool, I didn't know they made that. oldsaw-addict, It takes 24 hrs. to get to Florida from Wiskysconsin, you are really an addict!

If anyone is in the area, this show is a worth your time. Points of interest are the antique farm equipment, steam engines, blacksmith shop, antique sawmills, cedar shake shingle shop, & the fun & noise of the old saw races.

Hey Scott
How would A ole Sears (david bradley) 758G be for the grear drive run. I hope to get ole girl along with the 5-49 Mc going.

The Sears and the 5-49 will fit right in. There are some 5-49's and 7-55's there every year. David Bradleys also.

I wish it were closer

Hey Scott.I sure wish I was closer than 500 miles,I would like to make it,with 2 sp 125's,1 2100 s Homie,and the Mac 650 gear drive.It is also the weekof the Portland Ind. steam show and I may be taking one of my John Deere A's.Have a good time,post some pictures.Did you get that last Mac hotsaw done?

Well, unless someone can postpone the event for 6 months or so, I cant make it up there. I need to get a lot of things done around here, including a friends lawnmower that I expect will take a while to get going.

Well Scott I am trying to mak eplans to be there. I have my trusty ole 1-51 ready to go no problem. Dave hooked up my Super 44 and it is ready as well. Wont be anywhere near your new monster, or even if you woulda finished you 44, but it will still be fun to run.

Will PM with a couple things, looking forward to making it over.

John, the hotsaw is done. I ran it at the Washington county fair. It needs some fine tuning, but it held together. Al, you have the right saws for this event, 500 miles is a long way to travel for old saws. Shooter, did you have the big Wright saw at the show last year? Here is a picture of the MC92 hotsaw as of now. The pipe header is about 5 inches too long, and I'm going to remove the canister silencer on the end of the pipe, and replace it with a stinger. This saw, and 4 other Mac hotsaws, and Z4lunch's 088KD, and 2100 hotsaw will be at the show.

Only a few days to go. The forecast is for 75. Should be much more comfortable than last years 98.

As long as something major does not occur I will be there. I had planned on making it to the Washington County race but an opportunity came up that I could not pass by. I would be interested in how many other members will be there. Since I do not know anyone by sight it would be hard to find people but it would be nice to talk to some members in person.

Bill

bill,
Steve here... if nothing major comes up I will be there... I plan on bringing, one of my 090's, and hopelfully my Homey 2100 if I can get it running good, and of course my 088
Steve

I will be there, z4lunch too. There are about 6 other collectors who aren't members of A.S. who display, so there are plenty of saw collectors to talk to. Hope to see you there,
Scott

Yeah I never got a chance to get my sears running, but I will be there to watch and look. Hey Scott do you have any parts for a super 800 or super 850 around? Got a freind that had one ran over.
What part of the show grounds is the saws at?
Bob

Back