bare feet sawing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what the chain brake is for. But if you really swing that puppy hard at your leg you just might cut it off with a stationary chain :)

I drop start all the time - remember when chainsaw manuals outline safety tips they have to cater for the most accident prone, dumbest, most inbred, mentally handicapped people on earth and does not mean it should be taken as safety gospel. Those that do believe those precautions should be adhered to 100% may just fit into the above outlined category ;)

In fact the only saw I won't drop start when cold is my 5100-S. That thing has that much compression it's a pig and my size 13 boot won't fit through the rear handle easily :( I drop start all my saws when they're warm, even the 3120 which is actually the easiest saw to start in my whole stable, hot or cold.

This. There is a chain brake you guys know....

I have hauled for a guy here in east Tennessee for the past 4 years that logs barefoot spring through fall. Boots are only for cold weather.

Quite a rig, it appears the rear window is broken out and he is using an engine hoist mounted in the back. Judging by the antenna on the left side, the CB inside may be the most valuable thing on the truck.

I think the chain on the small saw could use a bit of touching up....

Broom broom

Accident waiting to happen. What a bunch of dull poorly running saws to boot...lol no pun intended:chainsawguy:

I'd say the potential of the blade striking your legs when you get it started,thus earning stump potential.

Its hard to drop start a circular saw I've heard.

I too have cut in shorts and sandals. I was on vaction though. Must be a Wisco thing.

That thing has that much compression it's a pig and my size 13 boot won't fit through the rear handle easily :(

I know the feeling. I wear 14EEE and I cant fit my boot through any of my saw's either. So I do drop-start from time to time. But I can honestly say I have never, nor would ever cut wood with no footwear on. Not smart. :chainsaw:

heck, my size 8.5 EEE won't fit through any saw handle when wearing work boots. The only saw I don't drop start is my 460BB with no decomp.

As for cutting with no shoes...

I also can't understand guys cutting in shorts and sneakers but hey thats just me. I guess I worked on enough industrial jobsites and saw enough injuries to think twice

okay that was me in my dumbass days. And i was quite proud of my log truck

Damn Chris! You looking for an ass whoopin'? LOL

Dig'n this Ol' thread up ain't gonna do you no favors. :laugh:

They just don't understand your Mastery of all that is Hillbilly. :D

I also can't understand guys cutting in shorts and sneakers but hey thats just me. I guess I worked on enough industrial jobsites and saw enough injuries to think twice

I sometimes cut in shorts but only when wearing chaps. Keeps your legs a wee bit cooler in summer.

Quite a rig, it appears the rear window is broken out and he is using an engine hoist mounted in the back. Judging by the antenna on the left side, the CB inside may be the most valuable thing on the truck.

I think the chain on the small saw could use a bit of touching up....

just so you know the crane was all costum except for the ram and the winch. And that "engine hoist" was strong enough to break the frame in 3 places

Seriously, VWlogger, that is you in that video?

I would not have admitted that, but then I don't saw barefooted, or own a piece of equipment like that, and then provide video proof of it for the world to see.

Nice,

Sam

Seriously, VWlogger, that is you in that video?

I would not have admitted that, but then I don't saw barefooted, or own a piece of equipment like that, and then provide video proof of it for the world to see.

Nice,

Sam

yep thats me way i see ut we all have a dumbass period that was mine now its over i do not run saws barefoot now

WVloggers right, we all have something to be embarrassed about in our past.Hes been man enough to own up to it. Top bloke. Rep sent.

I've never sawed without shoes. I have welded in shorts and flip flops more than once.

I always saw in the nude...something about woodchips hitting bare skin. You have not lived until you've done the crotch start on an 066 with a 36" bar, and forgot to set the comp release...while nude.

Plus, added bonus- People leave you alone when they happen upon you in the woods, when you are totally naked, running a saw....

Somebody please rep him for that, I laughed out loud!!

Thanks

Back