Barkside up or down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--OK, I ain't shy, I'll be the bonehead that asks..spray the stack with a hose to make it age faster??? Is there any real science behind that, and if so, it must be real secret or regional, never heard of that before.

I thought the whole idea was to get moisture out, and stop outside moisture from sneaking back in there, but what do I know...

There's a big sawmill in Smithton Tasmania that has big sprinklers going on stacks of dawn timber most times I'm down there..... So it must do something? With select species at least.

There's a big sawmill in Smithton Tasmania that has big sprinklers going on stacks of dawn timber most times I'm down there..... So it must do something? With select species at least.

They do that here in California, too. It definitely does something. It keeps them from catching fire!

As for the original question: Bark up or bark down?

BARK OFF!

:msp_biggrin:
i stack my wood north to south ,on the north side i angle all the bark at 45 degrees to fend off driving rain from the north , on the south side i do the same 45 but facing south[ you kno for the south aproaching weather ] the middle of the pile gets covered with a strip of tarp that i pull down tight to form a conduit to direct the water down to a piece of gutter pipe that supplies water for a family of ground squirrels that live about 6 feet to the west of my wood pile ,i have named the male fred and the female berty [ she seems to get knocked up quit alot ] some of their kids have taken up residence over ................oh dammit i started rambling ... off topic off topic my bad

:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back