Barnuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't now what kind of saw you have but i buy husky style nuts at the local truvalue hard ware store. husky nuts will also work on dolmar. Don't know about stihl but it would be worth checking out.:greenchainsaw:

The genuine Stihl nuts are only 90 cents msrp... I bet a dealer would cut you a heck of deal for "bulk". And no freight..

Yup.....and scream and holler and tell him Andy from Woodinville Washington SAID SO!!!!!

Keep screaming until he gives you his nuts at YOUR PRICE

Yup.....and scream and holler and tell him Andy from Woodinville Washington SAID SO!!!!!

Keep screaming until he gives you his nuts at YOUR PRICE

ha ha i wont be throwing anyone under the buss. but i did just spend 300 dollars in that place and got raped on the bar nuts

The smaller Stihl M8 nuts (older saws like 056 etc) are 75 cents msrp... I beiieve these fit most competitor saws... As a standard flanged nut, they should cost 10c, but...

I bet there are buckets of used nuts at cheapstihlparts...

Last edited:
What do you guys use all these nuts for? I've only lost maybe two in as many years... but... I don't cut in the snow all that much.

Had to buy some for the project saw. It needed some parts and bar nuts was one of them. he hit me for a couple dollars a piece. figued what the heck he has taken care of me so far. now i think im gonna investigate and call around

What do you guys use all these nuts for? I've only lost maybe two in as many years... but... I don't cut in the snow all that much.

I have the bar off several times a week, and quite often someone does not tighten it the nuts up enough. Sometimes it is actually me who dose it. Used mu last husky nut Sunday 'fore last.

I know some people who use the cheap nuts from the hardwear bins, but I also know some of them who have cracked the cast aluminum cover....

Several months ago, I bought 3 at Eglehoff's in Thiensville for 85 cents a piece. Recently, though, prices on stuff there seems a bit higher. Worth a stop if you are in the neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back