Barnuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the bar off several times a week, and quite often someone does not tighten it the nuts up enough. Sometimes it is actually me who dose it. Used mu last husky nut Sunday 'fore last.

I know some people who use the cheap nuts from the hardwear bins, but I also know some of them who have cracked the cast aluminum cover....

You touched on a point. :cheers:

Over-snugging is a sin, loosing one every now and again is not an issue.

What I do know for a fact,,,,, with me, if I wire a couple to your fill tank or oil-jug, you have a far better chance of not dropping one all day. Forget your spares someday,,,and you will have to quit cutting first time you loose one!

Over-snugging is a sin, loosing one every now and again is not an issue.

Some saws, like the 395, if the bar nuts get loose can break the chain tensioner bolt immediately. So I always carry both extra nuts and an extra bolt for each husky in my toolbox.

It only happens to me every few years, but it picks inconvenient times to happen. And it's always operator error, like when I have swapped chains and not really tighted the nuts enough because I thought the chain would need adjusting after I put it on, but then it doesn't. So I forget to snug the bolts.

I have been told by some old timers that the OEM nuts tend to stay put better so I always run Stihl and Husky nuts rather than hardware store nuts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back