base gasket sealant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me gone try locktite 518
This is the same thing. They are owned and manufactured by the same company.
8f5fe84e223655e2965baec5e8b3ecf3.jpg

The last two saws I worked on are poulans, both were factory sealed with the black silicon stuff, the 5020 I put back together with that old brown permatex #1 as I have done with 5 other saws without any problem, I found I had a tube of the black stuff so I did the 2900 with it, I managed to raise the compresion on the 2900 from 138 to 163 so we will see what happens.

John

I bought mine through Amazon. Not sure if that's an option for you or not. Maybe also at your local auto parts store.
sure, I have no problem buying over Amazonas.
I am just dissapointed that my land dosent seems to have service. I got the 518 so I am okey, but, it wasnt easy!

Thanks! For the Husky 51 EPA that I just reassembled, I just used the Permatex sealer without any sort of activator. I just cleaned the case/cylinder surfaces with solvent before assembly.

Just wanted to check...

Timely subject, I have to put a Caber ring in a 5000 soon and my 1194 is about gone. I was in a parts store today and looking at the display of Permatex everything they had on their rack at the bottom of the directions all said , do not use this product in the presence of Gasoline . So I will go to another place that has a bigger? display of Permatex and look at them there.

Timely subject, I have to put a Caber ring in a 5000 soon and my 1194 is about gone. I was in a parts store today and looking at the display of Permatex everything they had on their rack at the bottom of the directions all said , do not use this product in the presence of Gasoline . So I will go to another place that has a bigger? display of Permatex and look at them there.

Advance Auto Parts in Pittsfield shows the 1.69 oz tube of Permatex 51813 in stock.

Just a FYI....

yer kinda creepy aint ya....
Naw that's cool ,thanks look up Motor supply in Newport

Kinda creepy? NO SIR! I pride myself on being VERY creepy....just ask my kids!

As to Motor Supply, no thanks....as was said many moons ago, "the proof is left as an exercise for the student."

If, however, you're up for a road trip, you can also get the Permatex 51813 from Lytle Racing Group in Tempe, Arizona.

Latest posts

Back