bathroom vanity finished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice job. I like the contrast between the top and the rustic looking base. I think a counter top would be ok if it was quatersaw which is very stable , or if you inlayed metal strips in groves on the underside. T

beautiful job!! Love the mix of modern and rustic I have pictured countertops like that once we redo the kitchen. If you did see it at Home Depot you'd have to take out a small loan to buy it and the bottom would be laminated MDF no matter the price!! Keep the pics coming please!! irishcountry Forgot to ask what did you use for a finish?? Looks great

uses waterlox satin finish. Hopefully it will stand up to the water and cleaning. again its for a hunting cabin so it wont get used daily.

pic of the inside of the cabin

Here is the insid of the cabin.
collected some old oak hand hewn beams and barnwood to finish the inside of the cabin. almost done.

better pic of the beams.

these are out of a barn so old that the foundation was made from stacked limestone. Not sure when they used stones for foundation but prob 150 years ago.

couple pics of a vanity I made for my hunting cabin. red oak top milled three inches with alaskan and the cabinet made from old barnwood.

I'm going to see about making the kitchen countertops the same way. Worried about warping down the line though

Gave you rep points for your work!!!

beautiful job!! Love the mix of modern and rustic I have pictured countertops like that once we redo the kitchen. If you did see it at Home Depot you'd have to take out a small loan to buy it and the bottom would be laminated MDF no matter the price!! Keep the pics coming please!! irishcountry Forgot to ask what did you use for a finish?? Looks great

My wife wants a new kitchen, but is pizzed off because I refuse to buy particle board cabinets. I told her that I would make my own first. So, now my first goal is to make shop cabinets that are nicer than her kitchen cabinets. Just need to find the funds for some nice hardwood plywood.

Mark

Thats the way to go!! I bet she'll be happy with the finished product I was amazed at the one trip we took to Ikea neat looking stuff but I can't imagine it would wear well and thats what I told my wife too i'd rather be patient and do it right once that be really disappointed in 5yrs. cus the finish has worn off showing MDF through!! Good luck with the project look FWD to seeing it somewhere down the line! Take care irishcountry

Latest posts

Back