BBBRRRRRRRRR, post up your low temp this am and your whereabouts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my corner its -5 with a windchill of -30 yikes its 2 cold out 2 cut any wood another day of sitting in the house watching tv

Damn, that must feel like a heatwave after the last couple of days. Did you get your wood supply replenished yet? You could probably cut outside in shorts now. Won't split as good as when it was -40 but there are trade offs to everything :chop::).
Now that I can start the truckI can get at the wood I've got stacked about 500' from the shack.
It's amazing how warm 0F really is. Minus 40 is just too brutal. At that temp you need two people on shift work just to feed the stove. Falling asleep for more than 4 hrs is just too dangerous.

No idea on wind chill but at 04:30 this am it was negative 14F, It has since warmed up to a balmy 3F above zero. As long as we don't have a long run of this crap I'm OK with it.

No idea on wind chill but at 04:30 this am it was negative 14F, It has since warmed up to a balmy 3F above zero. As long as we don't have a long run of this crap I'm OK with it.
That's damn cold for your area. The dampness of the Great Lakes makes -14 feel like minus 30 not to mention the wind.
Thank god it's pretty dry here so minus 40 feels like minus 40, but it will still freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Ok thermometer says its 12. It took me awhile to find it in this dense fog though. Damn wet makes it feel cold though!

I'm in North Carolina 8* this morning. My woodstove did a great job all night. I heat 100% with wood.

2015-01-08 07.04.56.jpg

Would all you low temp braggards just shut up......please.
And you boy, from Louisiana......:sucks:

Was no degrees here this morning a bit after 7 when I picked up my ice coffee.

10931072_742219409205581_1200396394152882058_n.jpg

it was 0 this morning and the wind was blowing about 10-20 mph had some light snow packed in corners around the house it was 69 inside when i woke up this morning.
suppose to have a heat wave of 38 degrees on sunday woo hoo it will feel like summer after this crap.

Hot here today, got up to 14*. Was -10* the day before, which wasn't too bad. I work outside down to -20*. Colder than that and it's not too fun.

It was -20 C yesterday morning at 5:30am when I got up.
But with the howling Arctic type winds it felt like -35 and there was a cold weather warning for all of Southern Ontario.
I had the pellet stove and woodstove going and the house was at 24 C. ........NICE!
This morning there is 4" of new snow and temps are at -10 with no wind. It almost seems balmy compared to the last few days.
More snowblowing to do.

It is 47 outside. I was out in the 57 degree weather yesterday, pulling up weeds in the flower/herb garden and noticed a day lily starting to poke up. I mulched over it. It is way too early for lilies to come up. The crocus sprigs have not even popped up yet. The ground is sodden so it is easy to pull weeds.

Don't move here.

we that live here in northern Minnesota really do live in gods country! able to walk on water, it is hard to do in most places but here we do have the best of the best even with the minus temps that tumble now an then...... -6/-14 wind chill

well, I'll go ahead and piss y'all off. It was a brisk 63 here this morning. I think it's funny how the Hawaiians bundle up like it's 6.3! I'd trade for snow and 10 in a heartbeat though.

Latest posts

Back