BeechTree-Crane-Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recoates , A Master at his work.... I enjoy all your videos and have watched them over and over.. I am sure it takes alot of practice and rigging knowledge to learn how to balance big wood like you do useing a crane:clap:

I also guess I should get me one of those birght shiney jackets and stop dressing like a guerilla.

I have found that for a quick solution, just go to a local outdoor store and by a couple of cheap hunter orange vests. I usually keep 3-4 in my container that keeps all the safety gear.

Damn! that is one awsome piece of work! You definately know how to rig! Nice smooth crane operator too!

Thanks for posting! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ed

Very, very impressive. Got that down in 4 hours?WOW!

How did they get rid of all of that so fast, close dump site and multiple trucks?

Well thanks again guys, I appreciate the encouragement. You know posting on the forums is almost an out-let after a job as such. My wife is usually gazing round the room before I even get through a single work related sentence....so being able to share with folks who actually get it is quite something :cheers:

How did they get rid of all of that so fast, close dump site and multiple trucks?

There were 4 guys chipping so that part was easy enough. The rest was all fire-wood, so anything over 6in diam was preserved....which speed up the chipping further still.

The firewood guy probably took about 3 loads to clear the lot, I think he only did one that afternoon and then came back the next day.

The tree took about 16 or so cuts to dismantle so, time-wise: considering we had to stop the road traffic for each lift, chipping and then clearing the logs out of the way, 4 hours was about right.
Most importantly, all the gear was tip-top and ready to go, everyone showed up who was supposed to, so on this occasion we were pretty well organized....which makes such a difference when you're not worried about being overstretched or stuff breaking down....everyone can just concentrate on what they're supposed to be doing.

That is quite an outfit. You guys have climbers, riggers, photographers and cinematographers. Did I leave anyone out? Who runs that show? Nice looking homes or estates in the slide show. I've been to England and don't remember seeing many trees at all, even in the mountains. Guess I didn't get off the beaten track far enough. Keep up the good work Reg. :clap:

That is quite an outfit. You guys have climbers, riggers, photographers and cinematographers. Did I leave anyone out? Who runs that show?
:clap:

That out fit is run by a Mr A. Bennet who has but a couple of full-time workers. On bigger jobs he'll just call in Freelancers like my self to help out. The guy on the camera, a proficient Arborist in his own right is also asked to come along should there be sufficient funds to budget for him, sometimes even upon request of the client. The crane company are obviously independant but we use them exclusively. The log-man is also independant.

Nice looking homes or estates in the slide show. I've been to England and don't remember seeing many trees at all, even in the mountains. Guess I didn't get off the beaten track far enough. Keep up the good work

On the contrary there are lots to go at, although it can vary depending on which county you're in. I'm lucky working around Cheshire and Greater Manchester where there are high numbers of mature broadleaves which were planted in and around the cities over the last few centuries. However, not everyone in the industry is as fortunate. Thanks

I hope you took a look at this removal Reg.

Yeah, looks like he got caught up in the moment....although his final work-position at least suggests he had an incline as to what was about to happen.

From memory, he posted that vid on another forum some time back and is actually a real nice guy....thankfully, still alive:)

Nicely done Reg. I'm glad you said that all the equipment was tip-top. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate when people complain about saws cutting poorly when they don't take the time to touch them up or perform any sort of maintanence.

Nice smooth professional work Reg. The crane operator was very smooth too.

You might check out the Peltor Pro Comm Plus integrated hardhat communications system, they are a great way to enhance crew safety, particularly when working with cranes.

jomoco

Nice smooth professional work Reg. The crane operator was very smooth too.

You might check out the Peltor Pro Comm Plus integrated hardhat communications system, they are a great way to enhance crew safety, particularly when working with cranes.

jomoco

Well thankyou jomoco

And yes it is on the 'must have soon' list. For the first couple of lifts especially, the crane-op and I could barely see each other if not for the slightest of gaps through the canopy. I also had to carefully manouevre him/those sections out as they were badly snagged which was extra time consuming, again because our limited view.

Latest posts

Back