Beef Ribs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Smoked my first rack of beef ribs ever this afternoon. Applied a dry rub(Lawry's seasoned salt) and let em sit in the fridge for 24 hrs. Smoked em over apple for 8hrs at 170-180 degrees. Took em off this eve and placed on the gas grill, slathered the KC Masterpiece to em and sprinkled them with brown sugar, just like my uncle ray did growin up. Took em off the grill after a few minutes and they were just freakin awesome. Now i'm hooked on beef ribs, pork now takes second place for me. Now i just wonder how that fat groundhog in my neighbors field would taste done the same way???LOL

Sounds good now i'm getting hungry! Slow smoking meats are what BBQ is all about and they do taste awesome! I don't have a real good source of apple but I have bought mesquite and hickory chucks and used them. When we got back from northern Mi. salmon fishing I put a nice big fillet on the smoker for a few hrs. to get some flavor actually that was long enough to cook it which I wasn't expecting I basted it with teriyaki and used hickory which is all I had at the time I thought it was pretty good but all my friends loved it!! I them took the meat and cut it up into fine peices mixed it with 2 packages of phili cream cheese some green and red pepper green onions and a few jalapenos right out of the garden and made a cracker spread now that was good!! Keep smokin' irishcountry

I picked up an electric smoker for $4 at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago, and I am too hooked. A guy smoking meat at a big booth at the Ohio State fair turned me on to a good rub, Lowery's seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper, works great

Shoot, he didnt even invite me, and I live right down the road from him! And he even has my phone number........
I was stuck with left overs this weekend, wife is in the "cleaning out the fridge mode"

lol...been there. it comes down to this: "if you don't eat it i'll feed it to the dogs".

nice to know where i rank in the food chain around here.

Shoot, he didnt even invite me, and I live right down the road from him! And he even has my phone number........
I was stuck with left overs this weekend, wife is in the "cleaning out the fridge mode"

He has my number too, didn't invite me either. I was stuck with leftovers too, made crock pot spaghetti friday night and ate it again saturday and sunday night.:hmm3grin2orange:

lol, was lookin out for you. usually what i cook gets blown to smitherenes! def next time tho, lol

He has my number too, didn't invite me either. I was stuck with leftovers too, made crock pot spaghetti friday night and ate it again saturday and sunday night.:hmm3grin2orange:
mmm spaghetti, espescially great with, none other, SMOKED MEATBALLS. mmm that'll make the toilet stop up for sure. har har. lol, i'll try to knock out some pork ribs for ya duggy!

Speaking of venison I never cared much for roast cuts until this summer I took one out of the freezer and put it on the smoker for about 4 1/2 hrs. again basted it with some teriyaki and it was awesome! My kids and wife usually shy away from anything but vension burger due to a somewhat detectable "gamey" flavor but the old smoker took care of that it was nice and tender too!! I am hoping to get a couple deer this year because it is good meat and naturally low in cholesterol which is good for me. I usually just break out the grinder and cut it all up myself and grind burger, we use it for everything through the winter burgers ,tacos, lasagna and no one even can tell (family) I love hunting its a good escapes from the rat race. I used to small game hunt too but my wife was a little taken back when she moved in by squirrel and rabbit frozen whole in the freezer didn't bother me or all my buddies that came over when I was younger we would cook them up after a night of barley pop and cards!! Its been a long time for that stuff but I wonder how they would taste on the smoker?? Maybe we should get a wild game recipe thread started irishcountry

Speaking of venison I never cared much for roast cuts until this summer I took one out of the freezer and put it on the smoker for about 4 1/2 hrs. again basted it with some teriyaki and it was awesome! My kids and wife usually shy away from anything but vension burger due to a somewhat detectable "gamey" flavor but the old smoker took care of that it was nice and tender too!! I am hoping to get a couple deer this year because it is good meat and naturally low in cholesterol which is good for me. I usually just break out the grinder and cut it all up myself and grind burger, we use it for everything through the winter burgers ,tacos, lasagna and no one even can tell (family) I love hunting its a good escapes from the rat race. I used to small game hunt too but my wife was a little taken back when she moved in by squirrel and rabbit frozen whole in the freezer didn't bother me or all my buddies that came over when I was younger we would cook them up after a night of barley pop and cards!! Its been a long time for that stuff but I wonder how they would taste on the smoker?? Maybe we should get a wild game recipe thread started irishcountry
x's 2 for you. You're good ole days sound like mine did. Yep rabbit is the best smoked meat ever created! It's just so darn great! I'm with ya on gettin outta the rat race and into the woods, it's like medicine for me.:agree2:

Yep rabbit is the best smoked meat ever created! It's just so darn great! :

Really, now I'm going to have to give that a try. My family loves the smoker too, and it will run most weekends though out the the fall and winter. beef, pork, turkey and chicken. The only way my wife will eat venison is smoked or made into jerky. Also the wife and daughter won't touch rabbit. I have a stockpile of apple and hickory, and I'm dropping a 6-7" apricot tree this weekend destine as my third smoking woodpile. Do you smoke rabbit as any other white meat?

Hunting is so good for the soul and so is staying out of the rat race! I in some ways envy the Amish and Mennonites for their way of life something to be said for a more simple life but then again I do love my electric guitar and amp!! Anyhow I will post on the rabbit thing if I get one I will give it a try! The family had some turtle once it was hard to clean but gotta tell ya it was some real good chowder we all liked it but I won't go to those legnths again lots of work for a medium amount of meat but hey I will try anything once!! I would imagine rabbit on the smoker would be great its kinda neutral taste wise so it seems to take on what you want to give it which is where the smoke would come in. Any suggestions on which kind of wood would be best? thanks irishcountry

Why wait until you are home to do a little grilling, take it to the woods with ya.
Couldnt stop laughing when I saw this.....

Really, now I'm going to have to give that a try. My family loves the smoker too, and it will run most weekends though out the the fall and winter. beef, pork, turkey and chicken. The only way my wife will eat venison is smoked or made into jerky. Also the wife and daughter won't touch rabbit. I have a stockpile of apple and hickory, and I'm dropping a 6-7" apricot tree this weekend destine as my third smoking woodpile. Do you smoke rabbit as any other white meat?
Yes, you just do it like chicken and such.

Hunting is so good for the soul and so is staying out of the rat race! I in some ways envy the Amish and Mennonites for their way of life something to be said for a more simple life but then again I do love my electric guitar and amp!! Anyhow I will post on the rabbit thing if I get one I will give it a try! The family had some turtle once it was hard to clean but gotta tell ya it was some real good chowder we all liked it but I won't go to those legnths again lots of work for a medium amount of meat but hey I will try anything once!! I would imagine rabbit on the smoker would be great its kinda neutral taste wise so it seems to take on what you want to give it which is where the smoke would come in. Any suggestions on which kind of wood would be best? thanks irishcountry
Probably apple would be best for the rabbit, lending it's non-overpowering sweeet aroma! Wrap your rabbit in bacon before you start it and you'll be hooked for life. Place on a grill when done on low heat and baste with bbq of your choice. I usually add applesauce to bbq. It adds a real nice flavor, gives the sauce body and makes a mean rack of ribs too!

Latest posts

Back