Been Doin' It Wrong All These Years...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Guess I need to brush up on my sharpening skills... this cat has the hot ticket.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aVPyV336Fnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gary

Guess I need to brush up on my sharpening skills... this cat has the hot ticket.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aVPyV336Fnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gary

yikes! guy looks to have a nice new husky and hes treating it like that?

If thats the route he wants to go he could have at least bought one of those bar mounted chain grinders from northern tool

Last edited:
Well I guess if you're ok with replacing chains more often that's the way to go. If it was all you had no big deal but you can ensure your angles will be uniform they make chain grinders but I dont use them. Chain life is cut literally in half but that being said that's one crafty fellow saw on Mr.Grinder dude:rock:

That chain cut so fast the camera, couldnt catch it in the cut....:rock:

Couldn't be any worse than some of the grinding jobs that I've seen on chains from a couple stores around here?

As an old man...I thought I had seen it all...

But this really.."takes the cake"..!!)..IMHO...!!!!
:cheers:
J2F

I bet ya I could sharpen a chain with an angle grinder, and it'd cut great! :msp_thumbsup:

He was just going it wrong. :msp_thumbdn:

People AMAZE me on how stupid they actually are and they honestly think they are smart and make a video so that the whole world can see just how dumb they are. :laugh:

I bet there have been a lot of other people to do this. They just didn't have the time or interest to put it on You Tube.

"tis better to have people think you're a moron, than to put it up on youtube, and remove all doubt...."

I might have to move that new saying into my signature.

"tis better to have people think you're a moron, than to put it up on youtube, and remove all doubt...."

I might have to move that new saying into my signature.

you definitely should!

If you dont i will.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Seems like it would be very difficult to control your depth of cut with that rig.

I wanna see the next vid where a half cut tie strap decided to come loose and the resulting chain breakage bringing a geysering femoral artery for the big finish.

Seems like it would be very difficult to control your depth of cut with that rig.

I wanna see the next vid where a half cut tie strap decided to come loose and the resulting chain breakage bringing a geysering femoral artery for the big finish.

you know, ive been thinking about this and honestly, that chain looked to be so rocked when he started that even if he got all the cutters off angle and at varying legths, i bet it would still be a noticeable improvement from where he was when he started.

Still, i would have found a bar mounted chain grinder for that, but i bet that what he was doing would work better than where he was at before...

You guys are a tough crowd... He learned all about square cut chains and was just making one for himself. :msp_tongue:

Back