Beetle Kill in Colorado...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteindustries

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there anything the trees can be sprayed with or? to stop the beetle kill?This is in Winter park Colorado and it has been moving from town to town out that way for a couple of years now and just seems to eat everything(Bark) in its way.

When the infestation is as bad as it is, I don;t think foliar applications would have a chance of any success.

I recently read about Brian Head, Utah, where 95% of the trees are dead. I've never skiied there, now I'd be far less inclined to go.

I was at WP back in 92 for a media gathering when I was doing lots of ski photography....some nice skiing for sure, and very nice marketing folks..Joanie Christiansen especially was a fun lady and a good skier too boot. It would be shame to lose those great spruce woods and glades. Skiing the trees is one of my favorite pursuits!!!!! Kinda makes sense, eh!!??

It does make sense.

rbtree said:
When the infestation is as bad as it is, I don;t think foliar applications would have a chance of any success.

I recently read about Brian Head, Utah, where 95% of the trees are dead. I've never skiied there, now I'd be far less inclined to go.

I was at WP back in 92 for a media gathering when I was doing lots of ski photography....some nice skiing for sure, and very nice marketing folks..Joanie Christiansen especially was a fun lady and a good skier too boot. It would be shame to lose those great spruce woods and glades. Skiing the trees is one of my favorite pursuits!!!!! Kinda makes sense, eh!!??

It came over the pass a couple years ago and is hitting the other side of town pretty good/bad right now.My cousin on the acre his house is on has about thirty trees effected by it now.That is just in this past season.He is affraid he is going to loose all his trees.

Latest posts

Back