Before .... After

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great:msp_thumbup: I can see that i would have to put pictures of my wood pile in the ugly wood pile thread:hmm3grin2orange:
Nice tractor too, my old Alis Chalmer 5045 would have to go in the ugly tractor thread:laugh:

Nice work on the wood stacks! I need more pics of that dodge with the sport package!

My truck is nothing special. I bought it new in 1998, only two-wheel drive with a short bed extended cab. It's my second V-10 gas engine rated at 1 ton and not a dually. It pulls anything I hook it to and passes everything on the road but a gas station. It is about to turn 200,000 miles. :D Dodge discontinued the V-10 else I would buy another one.

Our other vehicle is a Toyota Sequoia. It just turned 240,000 miles and runs as strong as the day I bought it in 2001.

I'm a big fan of frequent oil changes.

If your stacks all fall inward you'll almost have one of Storm's holz hausens. Well almost.
Chin up brother, spring's-a-comin'. I can't wait to complain about the heat. :D

That is beautiful work.
My stacks were always 6ft high and they all lean some when they start to dry.
I'm going to do 5ft like yours this year.

My truck is nothing special. I bought it new in 1998, only two-wheel drive with a short bed extended cab. It's my second V-10 gas engine rated at 1 ton and not a dually. It pulls anything I hook it to and passes everything on the road but a gas station. It is about to turn 200,000 miles. :D Dodge discontinued the V-10 else I would buy another one.

Our other vehicle is a Toyota Sequoia. It just turned 240,000 miles and runs as strong as the day I bought it in 2001.

I'm a big fan of frequent oil changes.

Interesting! We own somewhat similar vehicles... 97 Dodge diesel & 09 Sequoia.

Currently I have the dodge under the knife. I'm doing a quad cab swap, changing to an automatic (that I need to build) and lastly, a compound turbo set up :hmm3grin2orange:

One of my buds was commenting about them falling over. I told him not to be wishing evil on me. The rows are stacked tight and you have to put a bit of force on them to get them to move. The plan is to leave them open to the elements until late September then cover them with tarps. I might look into doing something on the top to shore them up a bit.

Is it windy out there? How bout nailing some planks connecting the top of the side-supports?
First stack takes the blow but is braced by the other 3...
"You can huff and you can puff but you aint blowin my stacks down!!!"

SA

OK my bad, just took another look at the pics, realized it's all splits, no vertical lumber for sides... There goes Mr. Uncalled For Advice !!

Last edited:
Back