Before and after pruning photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tropical fruit mate, mangoes, friggin beautiful.

I prefer the R2E2 variety.

http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/horticulture/5443.html

Mango-R2E201.jpg

Nice

I wish i had the weather you have there and some of the trees. You got some good stuff on here keep up the good work. I will try to do the side by side photos next time good advice. thanks.

Just a lil'hedge i did today.......

all proper cuts(so it will heal correctly)

Its a flippin hedge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

man i miss the wifes pc so i could make sure the pics work.....

:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Ekka said:
Tropical fruit mate, mangoes, friggin beautiful.

I prefer the R2E2 variety.
EKKA, you're making my mouth water! And thanks for keeping the thread on track.

I'm back - took a little time off for some scuba - nothing like a little nitrogen and blue water to lift your spirits.

Glad to see all the posts - some really nice work, exactly what I was looking for Thanks, and keep em coming!

Unfortunately, while I was gone the "arbor barber" struck again in my neighborhood.

Yeah, we got stacks of hacks just like ya arbor barber but please ... you can start another BAD Pruning thread if you like.

Good work, really good work is hard to spot in the first instance.

l2edneck said:
all proper cuts(so it will heal correctly)

Its a flippin hedge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

man i miss the wifes pc so i could make sure the pics work.....

:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Won't the weight of that tree make it fall to one side eventually.

Won't the weight of that tree make it fall to one side eventually.

No,its a viburnum hedge.Not one tree but lots of little ones.The homeowner does the work to his side but nothing gets done to the neighbors side.This causes it to send up new sprouts and creep more towards his house.

Viburnum, Laurustinus tinus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viburnum_tinus

Goes nuts when cut, shoots up suckers and crazy sprouts from the basal area. It's relatively strong for a shrub and has a decent roots sytem.

If anything it will eventually push the fence out or bust it.

So much for them staying a nice 10' shrub.

About 10 years ago a garden show that featured a guy called Don Bourke promoted the heck out of those things ... he recommended them for hedging!

The townhouse duplex era was in and they were mass planted in little court yards etc and along the fences. Well, we have removed our share coz they get too big and even if you do cut them their whole trunk and branch structure gets too big. Most you dont trim with hedgers but with a chainsaw.

I do not recommend them for hedging plus the leaf is to big and looks silly when hedged with half cut ones etc. There's much better stuff around.

ive been trimming this fruitless mulberry scince i was about 9 years old. didnt know what i was doing at first but my pops always just said "bring it down to a couple nubs." (pollarding). i did a good job but i took like four days of hard work, climbing up there with a dull folding hand saw and a pair of undersized loppers. i just got back from the parents house doing the same job i've doon every two years for over twenty years. this time i had my husky t435, sthil pole saw and husky 357xp(for bucking the big stuff on the ground). also a good ladder and real ppe. job got done way quicker then ever, an hour and a half without clean up. some of the limbs were 20 plus feet long and 7 inch diam. amazing what the correct equiptment will do for you. how did i do? looks butchered i know... should i take more off? leave more next time? lemme know. thanks, tyler.
Pic-12132014-001.jpg

ive been trimming this fruitless mulberry scince i was about 9 years old. didnt know what i was doing at first but my pops always just said "bring it down to a couple nubs." (pollarding). i did a good job but i took like four days of hard work, climbing up there with a dull folding hand saw and a pair of undersized loppers. i just got back from the parents house doing the same job i've doon every two years for over twenty years. this time i had my husky t435, sthil pole saw and husky 357xp(for bucking the big stuff on the ground). also a good ladder and real ppe. job got done way quicker then ever, an hour and a half without clean up. some of the limbs were 20 plus feet long and 7 inch diam. amazing what the correct equiptment will do for you. how did i do? looks butchered i know... should i take more off? leave more next time? lemme know. thanks, tyler.
View attachment 386510
good old topping haha

Back