Before bed, 066-660 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my only saw right now.

188418d1309006434-030-jpg

Nice just need to throw that toy bar away though and get something like the one in this pic! 42 INCHES of solid bar!View attachment 188420

I just sold a 41" last week that fit it. I wasn't planning on getting it back. I do have a 36" hanging here if I need it. A 28" will cut 95% of what I cut. I was trying to stay stihl free but it isn't working.

I just sold a 41" last week that fit it. I wasn't planning on getting it back. I do have a 36" hanging here if I need it. A 28" will cut 95% of what I cut. I was trying to stay stihl free but it isn't working.

Cause the rest just don't sound, feel or cut the same. EXCELLENTLY

The stihls are easier to sell for some reason. The rubber mounts on the stihls bother me after a couple tanks. If I cut a couple loads of firewood in one day my hands tingle. I wish they would go to spring av like husky and then I wouldn't want to run husky.

The stihls are easier to sell for some reason. The rubber mounts on the stihls bother me after a couple tanks. If I cut a couple loads of firewood in one day my hands tingle. I wish they would go to spring av like husky and then I wouldn't want to run husky.

have you tried av gloves to counter this?

I usually just wear leather gloves. I would rather use a husky than deal with it. The 660 is a great powerful saw that I like the power and all but I don't like the tingling feeling after a few tanks.

Yeah that guy that got it asked about trading back the 372 for it and I did. He said it's too big for firewood. He's got a 460, 346, 372, 372xpw, and 2 361s he uses. He put 2 tanks through the 660 since march.

Yeah that guy that got it asked about trading back the 372 for it and I did. He said it's too big for firewood. He's got a 460, 346, 372, 372xpw, and 2 361s he uses. He put 2 tanks through the 660 since march.

cough cough I really like that saw! :msp_biggrin:

I really like everything about the saw besides the av. I've thought about buying the other 2 sets of av mounts and trying them to see if that would keep it from bothering me.

I really like everything about the saw besides the av. I've thought about buying the other 2 sets of av mounts and trying them to see if that would keep it from bothering me.

It would be worth a try. I think the springs on the huskys probably absorb more than the rubber av mounts.

I agree, no sound or saw like em. If for saw reason, you only had or could have one saw, it would be sad, because I love many. But you would be in good hand's, and find youre way, just fine with the 660;) Mdavlee, can you adapt or make some husky type mount's? Spring's? You think it would be worth looking into, or waste of time? Sorry to hear that you have trouble with the tingling. Doesn't sound fun. Doe's a 395 bother you? Just asking, because wondering if the saw torque had anything to do with it. But if you run a 395 ok, obviousily that rule's that out.

395 and 390 are just fine. I want to try the other sets of av mounts before I give up completely on the 660. I really like the power and handling of the 660.

Cool, good luck my friend. Maybe Stihl could look into something. That's how a top shelf saw stay's top shelf, alway's look into improvement's.

I'll hope the 661 will get spring mounts like the 441and not many other changes.

I got mine for 450, with a new bar,chain, and sprocket. Plastic a little faded, but engine like new low hours. I would pay 600, for a good used one.:rock:

Back