Best bar and size for ported 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effs

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What size bar and brand for a ported 562xp. Useing the saw for firewood, almost always oak. I have a 272xp with 28" bar

I have a 20" Techlite on mine, but I just ordered a 24" Sugihara light for it. I've run a regular 24" and it pulls it just fine, but wanted the light bar for balance.

There is nothing wrong with multiple length bars for different uses. It all depends on what you need, but I would want the main bar to be shorter than 20" on any 60cc saw, for balance.

As for brands etc, I would prefere Tsumura Light&Tough, or Sugihara Light. Regular Tsumura/Total Superbar is of course fine in the shorter lengths. Availiability of those is an issue here though, and maybe elsewhere as well....

In 20", the Husky Techlite likely is the lightest option, but they may not fit hamfisted operators, that use the bars as prybars.....

In my opinion bar length is determined by the size of your wood. In other words, as short a bar as you can get away with. I currently have a 16" bar on my 562.

We have the same 3 saw plan! Just different bars.
If that is true, then I have to ask what size bar you run on your 550!? [emoji15]

I forgot to mention the newest addition to the family... 288xp will be wearing a 28" bar.

50cc-16" bar
60cc-20" bar
70cc-24" bar
80-90cc-28" bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 550 came with a 18". I was surprised it pulled the 18" as well as it did. Currently it has a 16", the result of doing property lines last summer.
My 562 has a 16" bar but in the fall branded a 18".
My 572 has a 18" bar. I have tried a 16" as well.
Here in Nova Scotia the wood is not big, so I try to get away with as short as bar as possible, though never less then 16".

I have never had the privilege of trying a 288, but have heard great things.

My 550 came with a 18". I was surprised it pulled the 18" as well as it did. Currently it has a 16", the result of doing property lines last summer.
My 562 has a 16" bar but in the fall branded a 18".
My 572 has a 18" bar. I have tried a 16" as well.
Here in Nova Scotia the wood is not big, so I try to get away with as short as bar as possible, though never less then 16".

I have never had the privilege of trying a 288, but have heard great things.

572,? I assume it is a 372 or a 576 - unless you are one of the "test pilots"?

Latest posts

Back