Best Farmertec Parts Kit to Start With

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSJ

Reaction score
I am wanting to start tinkering with saws and think a great way to really start is to work with one of the kits. Mechanical ability-the only thing on a car I haven't rebuilt or worked on is a transmission or transfer case (outside of fluid/filter changes).

I have watched many of the videos and read many of the build threads here and on other forums but still not sure which to start with. Am bouncing between a MS361 (I own an actual one) and the 372XP.

I would love to get some input. I will sit back and watch the fur fly!!! ;)

Thanks!!

Paul

I was wanting to do one too, was looking at the 044 $135 and $85 shipping? That sounds too cheap. you finding yours at huztl.net?

what would you guys go for between the 044 or 372 ? both on sale for another 7 hrs $135 and $110

Any really to start. I got a ms250 on the memorial day sale. Thats what gave me the confidence to start refurbing saws. Get an IPL of said saw and it’s pretty simple to figure out.
Now im up to 460s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do whatever size saw you would have the most use for. The bigger kits are the best buys. I did the 660 first and then the 372. I like the 372 better. It's easier to crank and lighter. They both run good.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Judgin by ur lineup and the fact you have a 361 already, go with the 372. @Czed has done a bunch of em.
Just the one huztl ft saw really
Modded 6 of the complete china 372s
They are a Different manufacturer than huztl.
Used 20-30 huztl cylinder kits so far
No real problem
Just some flash and a few port edges
Had to be relieved.
Made some very good runner's.

I'd get one that you have an oem version of. That way if there's issues, you can do some parts switching to help diagnose the issues.
I recently used two Farmertec rear tank handles for the MS460 and both of them had issues with the switch. I had to re-use the oem switch components. Most of the Farmertec parts I've used have been pretty good. Fuel lines not so much though.

I'd get one that you have an oem version of. That way if there's issues, you can do some parts switching to help diagnose the issues.
I recently used two Farmertec rear tank handles for the MS460 and both of them had issues with the switch. I had to re-use the oem switch components. Most of the Farmertec parts I've used have been pretty good. Fuel lines not so much though.
I had the same experience as you with a farmertec tank on my 461. I ended up buying a new oem switch lever. Of course it was still a FAR better deal than buying a new oem tank. I think I had about 70 bucks total in it, including the oem switch lever.

Latest posts

Back