best hard hat ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just go to my favorite industrial supply store and make my own "Canadian" helmet system .
My current helmet is a US made North , Oregon neck guard , Peltor standoffs for the muffs and a Peltor Screen , as things break or wear out I can go back and replace whats needed.

That would work but since both Stihl and Echo run promos for that same set-up at around $40, I just figured it would be worth it to grab one if they're decent.

dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Go to an industrial (safety) supply and look at the helmets and you'll see the difference between helmets .
40 $$ for a Stihl/Echo/Husky is a more than fair price and good value but the helmets I've seen were only a plastic bucket with suspension so you only get the lowest impact rating , better helmets carry higher side and top impact ratings . Basic helmets may also not meet OSHA/WCB specs in your area if required .

holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
. AS Supporting Member.
Go to an industrial (safety) supply and look at the helmets and you'll see the difference between helmets .
40 $$ for a Stihl/Echo/Husky is a more than fair price and good value but the helmets I've seen were only a plastic bucket with suspension so you only get the lowest impact rating , better helmets carry higher side and top impact ratings . Basic helmets may also not meet OSHA/WCB specs in your area if required .

This.

When you have seen a man cut right thru the lip from the bottom of his nose, baring his gums, you might recognize the importance of a full face shield. In the winter when the skin is cold it splits really easily, even from a stick being flung off the chain. There are good reasons that WCB in Canada requires side impact hardhats with faceshields and muffs.

Latest posts