Best Husky under $500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your purchase

Just ordered the 346xp. Thanks for all the info. And I will pass the sewing machine info along to my wife.:chainsaw:

Actually,A couple of weeks ago my chainsaw got delivered (see my posts) and is the perfect saw for me.I am still on the lookout for the NE346XP but that`s a tuff one since I can`t seem to find any online dealers that will ship international and have the NE 346XP/XPG.
Can anybody help please?

magiriano, just wondering, have you ever used a saw with a heated handle, like the xpg? Are you sure that you really have a need for one? My Stihl 038 has one, but even in the cold conditions I sometimes work in, having one hand stay relatively warm only when running the saw, it doesn't seem to be all that purposeful, and you also pay more for the privilege. I'm sure that there are varied opinions about it, and I don't mean to dissuade you, but maybe just save you the trouble of finding a dealer if you don't really need the option.

Good luck with whatever you do get!

Last edited:
International shipping

magiriano, just wondering, have you ever used a saw with a heated handle, like the xpg? Are you sure that you really have a need for one? My Stihl 038 has one, but even in the cold conditions I sometimes work in, having one hand stay relatively warm only when running the saw, it doesn't seem to be all that purposeful, and you also pay more for the privilege. I'm sure that there are varied opinions about it, and I don't mean to dissuade you, but maybe just save you the trouble of finding a dealer if you don't really need the option.

Actually,since is so hard for me to find a dealer that got the NE346XP and ships international (ask me how I know) and won`t run away with my money and will not sent the saw via China with a slow boat and so on...... I am less picky.
I know that the XPG would cost more but then,if I get it from the US even IF I pay the Duty fees is still cheaper than in Romania and almost twice what you guys pay for it in the States...Potatoes/patatas is just like the AC in my vehicle, I never use it,it makes me sick it dries my wifes contacts, but I know how much harder is the resale a no option vehicle.
So again,does anyone know any online sellers for Huskvarna NE 346XP?

Up here, the heated handles (both handles, that is) are well worth the extra cost and weight! :clap: :clap:

I want most of my saws to have them. Cold and/or wet hands is no fun.......

Last edited:
Up here, the heated handles (both handles, that is) are well worth the estra cost and weight! :clap: :clap:

I want most of my saws to have them. Cold and/or wet hands is no fun.......

Yes, given your location, I thought that SawTroll would have a favorable opinion on the heated handles. I was going by my old Stihl, and was not aware that current saws have BOTH handles heated (thanks!), that would seem to add a definite plus to the option....and the heated carb to go along with it. When it gets really cold, every little bit of heat helps...definitely warmth over weight.

LMAO...

Steve just had to get the 5100 some publicity.

Here is the best Husqvarna for under $500.00

attachment.php

Gary

Edit: That particular one was listed at $599.99, and was put "on sale" at $398.99 LMAO...
Wife says with a twin port foot pedal and a skip stitch needle it will rip through heavy canvas with no problems. Hearing protection is a must. :clap:

So now what bar do I get to start with. 16"? Can I get a carving bar for this?

Here you go. Carving stuff:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=CSR+14&catID=68

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=12508&catID=66

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=12500+01&catID=66

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=12505&catID=66

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=12550&catID=66

You may want to pick up a clutch removal tool for the 346XP. They are not listed on the web site (last time I looked anyway) but Bailey's does sell them too.

There is the cc power aspect, and the saw balance, but bar length is also a factor of what you are into. If you are doing mostly crane aided removals, a short bar with mucho power behind it can cover a lot of territory, without much or any loss of time, or getting pinched. Speed and convenience is a deep subject in chainsaw work.

Last edited:
Back