Best Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dig my 372xp, but I got to agree with Dinger, the 346xp =:love1:. That little saw is just a dream to handle and is a snarky little beast. Love cutting firewood with it!

Tim

Bailey's - WoodlandPro Bar Wrench 19mm x 13mm Short Barrel

That's a $3 problem. But usually the full wraps come with those types of screnches.

With a full wrap, the stump can be as low as 6" off the ground. I think the moon is roughly 363,000 kilometers further up. This was fine when I was mostly working with 30" or less pine. With the 3-4' pine I have been culling recently that is nearly flat as makes no difference, and it can be spotted easily to grind later on, yet not trip things up.

If you are ambidextrous, and many of us are, a full wrap makes them even handier. But, to each his own. Until I started to use my 372 and 046 for bigger wood with a longer bar, I rarely used dogs for felling. On those saws, I use them all the time. I still dog when bucking as I begin the cut on most decent sized wood. Some never use them at all for bucking. I'll also use the full wrap for limbing on the under side if the tree is across a gap. Hell, on a recent humbolt cut, I used nearly the underside of the wrap bar near the bottom mount to start the bottom cut with the pine on my right of me. It all depends...

I just sell the wrap bars, not the saws. I think have sold 3 of them and I might still have one kicking around. Never seen much advantage in the tree, bucket or ground but I guess it depends on what you are used to. Round here most homeowners and stump grinders want that stump as low as possible. Only folks who want stumps on the moon are the towns so the plows don’t hit em. You must be using a husky scrench on them bar nuts. As I recall, it just about fits onto them. Wrap saws don’t stack well in the side box either.

385xp. Ported, triple port muffler, 24" bar. You can just about stand on the saw and it just keeps chugging. Puts timber on the ground and money in my pocket.

I'm poking a hole in all of your rafts, Husky 365 Special, it'll last longer than a 372 also, cause it revs a little less, just a little.
REJ2

x2

It also doesn't seem to cut much slower than a 372 in the fir around here either.

395xp with ported BB kit and modded muffler. Go big or go home. :D

Or a 3120xp with a muff mod, and ported too.

395xp with ported BB kit and modded muffler. Go big or go home. :D

Or a 3120xp with a muff mod, and ported too.

OEM!

But Ill take my 394 over the 3120 any day.

But the 372 gets the most use as of now.

Most of the 2 series and 3 series are my favorites :)

NO 136!!!

Back