Best Logger work pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Key brand for me, blue jean type dungarees, uninsulated bibs, flannel lined duck work pants. For the money versus the return its a good deal.

Not a logger but i do wear pants

Seen a guy with those summer protective chainsaw pants once, ya know the kind that are mesh in the back, and thought they must be hot as heck. Then he turned aruond and walked away - NOT SO HOT !

at least he had undies !

Last edited:
I have a mix of carhartt and duluth

favorites are duluth "everyday"...pants and shirts

firehose weave seems to catch and hold every bramble, briar, and bur

though in winter my old pair of wool lined firehose are great

I wear Diamond Gusset Jeans----MADE IN USA. More $ than the Carhartts, but I felt the quality has faltered quite a bit with the Carhartt line, especially since they've outsourced the products.

100% Made in the USA for 21 Years
The origins of Diamond Gusset Jeans:

Denim from American Cotton Growers™ (all over Southeast USA)
Buttons and burrs from Kentucky and Tennessee
Thread from Nashville
Hang Tags and Labels from Tennessee
Pocketing from Mississippi
Leatherette Patch from Atlanta
Sewn together in the Georgia mountains
Stonewashed in Georgia

They're comfortable, and wear well. That's why I keep buying them when I need a pair of jeans. You can order them on their website. JUst got a pair for Christmas :msp_w00t:. I wear them under my Labonville full chaps.

I like the madsens doubles, i think they are like the old wild ass pants baileys used to sell.worn them a long time very durable and lots of movement in them:msp_thumbup:

I am a Carhartt guy, but have been looking at other options for the northwest in the woods.

Duluth seems to make a mean pair of pants with great reviews. Their "fire hose" pants. They seem to be favored over carhartt and are more water proof and tougher.

Then you have Filson tin pants and the filson line of clothing. Totally different price range.

Your thoughts on the matter?

I ave my work clothes made for me by the Amish. I tell a woman to make a coat or vest or pants like her husbands. YES they make fun of me but my clothes last forever. My next order will be 2pr english pattern pants pegged off at my boot tops. that way EVERYONE can pick on me. oh and the fabric they use is called "tri-blend-denim"

Latest posts

Back