Best looking muffler mod ever:)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, all credit for this mod goes to Metals406. He had an idea for a muffler mod and asked if I had anything to try it on. It just so happened that I had a brand new Baileys 066 muffler from the GTG freebies. Yes, I kept this one for myself. Thanks Greg:) Nathan kept the details a secret, and I wanted it that way. Kind of like Christmas morning. I got the muffler back and here's what I found when I opened the box.

493305749_9rd3X-M.jpg
493305753_BNu6g-M.jpg

493305676_cpd6j-M.jpg

The idea behind the baffle is to create turbulence and help scavenging.
493305859_SmYhR-M.jpg
493305904_RMUWz-M.jpg

The screen is press fit and removable.
493305814_JHndk-M.jpg

He was kind enough to completely remove the baffle. I've done this several times and it's a fair amount of work.
493305953_g6sNZ-M.jpg

Hey Brad,

Just wanted to drop you a note to tell you about one of your latest creations.....
We were at a GTG in Grantsburg, Wi over the weekend and an AS member Woodyman had his just completed Husky 359 there.........WOW what a saw.

You do awsome work, keep it up

Hey Brad,

Just wanted to drop you a note to tell you about one of your latest creations.....
We were at a GTG in Grantsburg, Wi over the weekend and an AS member Woodyman had his just completed Husky 359 there.........WOW what a saw.

You do awsome work, keep it up

Thanks. I understand it was only tuned to 13,700 too. It would have been a lot faster tuned to 15,000 where I tested it.

wow, nice job, Nathan does good work. may hafta send him my 372 muff to get done. ashamed of the work i posted when i see that one. lol not really ashamed i think mine looks good too.:cheers:

Sorry, It just dont do it for me. No offense meant. Coolest ever? No way. Lakeside has that spot with the 361 mod. Even though its been done to death, its stihl awesome.

Very nice work! I was actually thinking about a rectangular shaped tube for a port over lunch today. My concern with doing it is how to get the port on the right side... pointing down if possible... all I do with my saw (066) is mill, and I'd prefer to have the exhaust down and away, rather than up into my face. For regular cutting, yours would be fantastic! I guess I'll have to make a Millers Muffler Modification...

Nice job again!

Latest posts

Back