Best Online Supplier for Stihl Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baileys, Ebay are options. Last I knew Stihl doesn't permit its authorized dealers to sell online. Your local dealer pretty much has a captive audience. Many people are blessed with a good dealer, others not so much.
I am not blessed with a good Stihl dealer. The local Stihl guy is a known sleazebag. I have to drive almost 30 miles to get to a good guy. Seems like Stihl is not overly concerned with having ethical people represent them.

You can usually order what you need by phone. I’m surprised Stihl won’t sell at least parts and supplies online. It isn’t 1950 any more, if you don’t do business online you’re not going to be competitive in the long run.

What about the common parts on Amazon like fuel lines, fuel filters, air filters. are they as good as the replacement parts from the Still dealer?

So I have wondered the same thing. I guess usually there is one major Distribution center for each district of united states that ships to all authorized dealers. I have thought of ordering parts from the "Distribution center" but I would need to create account with the company. I haven't tried it yet. Although, I looked on their website to see what is available, then I went to a local dealer and had them ordered and receive them within 3 days. Ebay, amazon may take some time bet you pay for shipping. The battle of going to a stihl dealers and not having the stuff in stock.
Ebay, you

So I have wondered the same thing. I guess usually there is one major Distribution center for each district of united states that ships to all authorized dealers. I have thought of ordering parts from the "Distribution center" but I would need to create account with the company. I haven't tried it yet. Although, I looked on their website to see what is available, then I went to a local dealer and had them ordered and receive them within 3 days. Ebay, amazon may take some time bet you pay for shipping. The battle of going to a stihl dealers and not having the stuff in stock.
Ebay, you
They have regional distributors, they have their own pricing, decide what models, products, etc. that they will sell. They make the decisions on warranty. Not sure how they do the spring orders these days, I imagine the pallets are put together at the factory, and shipped directly to the dealers, that may be why one dealer has plenty, and others have none. The one that made the big spring/fall orders may have got them all.

Back