Jonsered 2152 complete rebuild question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie here..so go easy on me. Hopefully some sponsors can chime in. I am in need of a complete rebuild kit for a very sick 2152. I have searched the forum and am confused. Is there only one 346xp P&C to bolt onto the 2152?(part number please) The Metorer P/C looks very promising as well Point me in the direction of an all in one supplier where i can find everything if possible, gaskets, bearings, seals, cylinder assy. Thanks!

The 2152 is the equivalent of the Husqvarna 353- flat top piston and bolt on transfer covers- basically the same engine and mechanicals- slight differences in case and brake fit/dimensions.
So you can safely order all the mechanical parts you mention that fit the Husqvarna 353.

2147 (not available in the States??) was the original 346 and 2153 was the later version of the 346 with larger bore.

But yes, if required you can order the same parts for the 346 and they will fit your 2152 and essentially turn it into a 2147 or 2153 depending on the cylinder kit of your choosing.
Generally speaking OEM cylinder kits are considered best, Meteor second and Hyway third- after that is it a lottery regarding quality and likeness of power compared to OEM.
The last variation of the plastic cased Husqvarna 350- the one with the purge valve had the exact same cylinder as the 353, but ran a dished piston to lower the compression and detune the saw somewhat- so a wreck of one of those with a usable cylinder, new piston with a flat top and you have a saw back to 2152 spec.

The 2152 is the equivalent of the Husqvarna 353- flat top piston and bolt on transfer covers- basically the same engine and mechanicals- slight differences in case and brake fit/dimensions.
So you can safely order all the mechanical parts you mention that fit the Husqvarna 353.

2147 (not available in the States??) was the original 346 and 2153 was the later version of the 346 with larger bore.

But yes, if required you can order the same parts for the 346 and they will fit your 2152 and essentially turn it into a 2147 or 2153 depending on the cylinder kit of your choosing.
Generally speaking OEM cylinder kits are considered best, Meteor second and Hyway third- after that is it a lottery regarding quality and likeness of power compared to OEM.
The last variation of the plastic cased Husqvarna 350- the one with the purge valve had the exact same cylinder as the 353, but ran a dished piston to lower the compression and detune the saw somewhat- so a wreck of one of those with a usable cylinder, new piston with a flat top and you have a saw back to 2152 spec.
So this cylinder would work on the 2152's?
https://www.wolfcreeksawshop.com/pr...5mm-for-husqvarna-346xp-350-351-353-nikasil/#
And this is the 346 OEM number ? 544142908

Yes, that will fit- any cylinder from the same "family" of saws will fit- as it says right there in the description of the cylinder in question.
Will it be as good as original? No idea- you have to decide what you are dropping your money on and what you want as the desired outcome.
Thank you... I was clarifying that this 346xp cylinder would fit on the Jonsered 2152 I think i am starting to understand....

It’s only $20 more for oem 346 cylinder on eBay usually

This is good advice- if you are having to replace- might as well replace with the best bang for buck.
You also have to be sure that you fix/repair whatever caused the original top end to be toasted- a well performed case split, bearings and seals type build should cure all suspected areas for concern- but there is still the cylinder to carb intake tract to consider.

Is there only 1 part number for the 346 cylinder? I looked on parts tree and came up with part number 544142908 a search on ebay gives me a different part number link to ebay 346xp cylinder
2908 has provisions for the decomp. 2907 does not have the decomp hole drilled and tapped.

Look around a little bit. The link that you showed is for a 353 cylinder. Really you don’t want that but they run all right. Not certain what’s going on with the supply chain as these OEM cylinders seem to have dried up a little bit

Back