Best price on chains....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually buy at shows and these are the guys I bought from last time. They have pretty good prices. 800 579 6831

They are in NY...

SR

Bailey's has a sale now on their WoodlandPro (Carlton) chain in loop or reels if you want to go bulk. Otherwise, if you call around to local shops or other sponsors, and tell them you are looking for 2 dozen chains, you might (should) get prices that we would not normally see.

Philbert

baileys.jpg

I don't know if he is still a sponsor or not, but Ultra04 is a dealer in Wisconsin and has lots of customers for chains all over the country. Good guy to deal with.

If you are really interested in a couple dozen chains, I'm sure you can get a volume discount. I get my chain locally, $13 for a 20".

Do you have a local small equipment dealer nearby? I use the same chain LGX 20". Cost me $20. I like supporting them.

That many chains and you could almost justify getting a breaker/spinner and a full roll. I know the 75LGX (3/8 .063) goes for around $300. A full roll makes twenty-two 20" chains. Figures up to about $14 per chain.

Edge and engine has good prices on chain also. They're a site sponsor here from NY

I just visited Edge and Engine's site and noticed the online store is closing at the end of March, if this is old news please disregard but its the first ive heard of it. Always have liked their chain prices.

I just visited Edge and Engine's site and noticed the online store is closing at the end of March, if this is old news please disregard but its the first ive heard of it. Always have liked their chain prices.

I hate that. That's where I bought all the loops I need if I don't buy a roll.

Where are you getting those prices at?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Local Stihl dealer.

When I buy chains, I don't buy a couple. My typical chain order is around 20+ loops at a time of various lengths, style, pitch, or gauge and 3 or 4 times a year. I call / email it in and pick it up a few days later with a bunch of cash to hand over. If I do need an odd chain between buys the dealer almost always gives me the same price unless it's an odd ball or something he has to order. That said, the average homeowner that goes in for a chain or two doesn't get pricing close to what I get.

This dealer is a saw shop. That is what they do, no lawnmowers, no snowblowers, etc. just Stihl equipment, logging and arborist supplies. They service many, many commercial, municipal, and state accounts. The amount of chain they sell in a year is staggering. They're one of the few shops left if you just need a quick repair and you're a decent, loyal customer that actually spends money when you come in, they will tell you go get a coffee and your saw will be ready when you get back. Of course you need to understand the tech likes his light and sweet.

That said, the average homeowner that goes in for a chain or two doesn't get pricing close to what I get, and I'm certain I'm not getting the price the big commercial accounts do.

Take Care

Latest posts

Back