best replacement slug for 372 xp bb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate cutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Big bore kit from Baily's no problems I was wrong bad lighting my fault

Just took apart the 372bb and the piston ring pins are gone no sign of damaged to piston or cylinder. So what's the best replacement slug for 372 xp bb?

Last edited:
Were talking about a 52mm piston that you received when you bought a Husky 372 Big Bore kit? Most makers don't make a piston in that size outside of the entire BB kit. Your probably going to have to buy another entire kit, unfortunately.

Where did the kit come from and was there a warranty? I sell BB kits, but not just the piston for those kits... the company you bought from might have one.... have you contacted them?

Were talking about a 52mm piston that you received when you bought a Husky 372 Big Bore kit? Most makers don't make a piston in that size outside of the entire BB kit. Your probably going to have to buy another entire kit, unfortunately.

Where did the kit come from and was there a warranty? I sell BB kits, but not just the piston for those kits... the company you bought from might have one.... have you contacted them?

So you can not supply a replacement piston for the kits that you sell?

Later
Dan

So you can not supply a replacement piston for the kits that you sell?

Later
Dan

If one of my kits burns up... I replace the whole kit.... and why I asked if there was a warranty with that kit. I would not mix and match pistons and cylinders from different manufacturers in big bore applications due to tolerances, squish and yada, yada, yada.

Measure the piston or contact the manufacturer to get an exact replacement for a big bore kit.... if not, You may be asking for trouble.

If a Mako BB kit burns up, I can replace the piston yes... but I wouldn't use an NWP piston without measuring it or contacting the manufacturer for an exact replacement. Replacement pistons for OEM parts are a different story... were talking BB kits.

is there anyway to replace the pins? It is a site sponsor past 1 year warranty less than 15gal through.
Dan that is the piston that failed.

Last edited:
Howdy,
Here's a link to the replacement big bore piston for the 372.
Nwp Big Bore Piston Assembly (52Mm) For Husqvarna 372 Xp Chainsaws | Husqvarna | Cylinder, Piston & Ring Kits | www.baileysonline.com
If you scroll down, all the specs you need for sizing match up are there.
We don't have replacement pistons for every one of our Big Bore kits yet but, we're constantly increasing the selection. If it's one of ours, considering the actual run time you have on it I would warranty it for you. I would like to get it back for inspection to see what went wrong. We can apply what we learn to future manufacturing. I can say that most of the time locators come out it's not pretty. We sold just under a couple hundred replacement BB pistons last year which is a hard number to evaluate. You could look at it a few different ways. Are pistons failing prematurely but, outside of warranty? Are the cylinders holding up long enough to need a replacement? Are people buying our BB pistons to put on other manufacturers kits?
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back