Best rope for natural crotch rigging?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a 1/2" rope for light rigging in a natural crotch. I am looking at the Stable braid but it says better suited for hardware rigging. What is the difference and why are some better for hardware vs natural crotch? Thanks, Chad

My go to is the 1/2" arbormaster. Either the gold, the blue, or the brw. They are all the same just different colors. They wear well, tie well and have never failed me.

Chris

yes it does, i think it looks like it wears worse then it does, ive made controlled load tests on ropes after retirement, despite excessive wear the results were good
no rope i ever used can be shock loaded like a true blue

blue streak seems to wear better but its also the only rope that ive ever had fail, on stuff i know a true blue would have held

I like using retired climb lines for light duty natty crotch. I can't really see a point in spending $ on a line that is going to get trashed.

I really haven't done much rigging, so take with a grain of salt, but my bull rope is Husky 5/8 which is the only rigging line I have. It has held up well in natural crotches but- I try to remove the bark when I can and let it run on sap wood. It's all been pretty light duty, low speed lowering stuff too, which I'm sure helps.

Best Rope for natural crotch Rigging

Samson TreeMaster Three Strand has worked for 30 + years 1/2 at 7000 lbs $ 92.95 for 120 feet,$405 for 600" Give or take a few $ $ plus 5/8/& 3/4

Last edited:
I like using retired climb lines for light duty natty crotch. I can't really see a point in spending $ on a line that is going to get trashed.

thats a valid point, and i do the same, tho i find after a point ropes do not knot as well, thats never been a problem with true blue
further, i dont have a problem rigging larger things, i dont hesitate to rig say, 1000lbs and even shock load it with a true blue, seldom do i feel like i want a heavier rope

Last edited:
What type of rope do you use to pull trees over that need a little help with direction

generally a true blue, some people dont like them but its really a great rope
depends on the size of what im doing

Latest posts

Back