Best starting fluid in 2-strokes ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use something similar...what type of oil do you use in your squirt bottle and what mix ratio? ;). Gary aka Gasoline what do you use?

If yous seldom have the need to dedicate a squirt bottle for this use...just use a makeshift cup of some sort and dump about a small amount of mix down the throat of the carb. Do this while standing saw upright (muffler end down) and holding the throttle open.

Ultra @ 50:1!!!!!,,,

What about you Gary????? LOL just kidding Big Guy!!!!

When we are diagnosing customers two smoke Motos that wont crank @ the stihl dealer The Stihl Tech who has taught me alot in that regard calls the ones with carb/fuel delivery issues Affectionatly,,, "Bottle Babies" as they run just fine on the "Bottle",,,,,, Spray Bottle, that is!!! and its usually a bad fuel line or metering diaphram and sometimes varnish buildup in the carbs critical circuits,,,,

Last edited:
Here's my take on this one

I have the best luck with starting fluid by putting it in a brown lunch bag. Then set the bag on fire and run a few hundred feet and then shoot the bag with a rifle.

And the 2-stroke engine comes in just where in that scenario?

If the 2 stroke engine is in a panty dropper it goes right behind the bag.

Heres a link sorry this one isn't a pullon its a homie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_v_SvAzSE

Ever seen anyone seat a tire bead with ether?

Yep, I do it.

Heck yeah. I have witnessed it being done on farm tractors.

Knowing how much is "enough" is very important...

As long as theres not too much oxygen, it will go out. The only O it gets once the bead is set is whats in the tire, it wont go BOOOOM.

Starting fluid -you are kidding right!

No.

Just make sure you have the compressor ready as once it starts to cool (inside) the tire can get sucked back offa de rim.

Back